Menu displaying improperly in safari on ipad

My website bidsservice.com is displaying strangely in safari on the ipad.
also the phone number under the logo is displaying incorreectly (see attached image)

The nav is suppposed to be all in one line and the phone number obviously should not overlap.

i do not know how to fix this in the css as it is only a problem in mobile safari.

if it helps, its a wordpress theme - a child of the 2010 theme.

can anybody give me some direction on this? im not used to dealing with mobile styling.

anything smaller than the ipad it defaults to a predesigned mobile theme.

I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Hi,

Try these changes:

.menu-header ul{padding:0 }
#access .menu-header ul a{padding:0 0 10px;text-align:center}
.huge{line-height:38px}

So i tried those and they didnt do anything.
Also i screwed up, it wasnt safari, it was chrome.
still on iPad

the more i try to fix this, the more i think something is screwed up with chrome on my ipad.
i have made drastic changes to the nav, and chrome in ipad looks exactly the same

Hi,

The nav was displaying exactly as shown on your image in safari on the ipad yesterday. I copied your page locally and added the rules I gave you after the original CSS and it fixed the nav on Safari so I would have assumed the fix was good but I don’t have chrome to test.

Your site seems to be down at the moment so I can’t re-test.

If you are making changes and nothing is happening in Chrome then it sounds as though something is wrong or something is stuck in cache somewhere.

I have cleared the cash, cookies, and browsing history in chrome. still nothing changes.
I was in process of moving files on the ftp which caused the site to go down temporarily.
the site is now back. it looks fine in safari on ipad. chrome is still displaying exactly the same.
unfortunately right now i dont have access to even a desktop version of chrome to further investigate.
perhaps someone with chrome will pop up and be able to help.

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi, I just downloaded Chrome on my wife’s ipad and the site looks the same as Safari and the menu is displaying on one line in both. It looks like you have some room to space it out more if you want but don’t use padding just to make it fit as text is wider on an ipad and will drop to a new line if you try for an exact full width fit.

Thank you for all your help