Merry christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you too! :smiley:

You’re totally right there Mitt, we all should be whoring these emoticons out at this time of the year! :smiley:

:xtree: :hohoho: :cookie: :hat: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! :frosty: :apresent: :santa2: :deer:

Andrew Cooper

hello everyone :slight_smile:

This is my first post.

I hope everyone had (and I guess is still having in some parts of the globe) an enjoyable and peaceful Christmas. Today we’ve got my extended family coming round for our annual Boxing Day bbq.

Best wishes for 2011 to everyone.

Welcome to SitePoint aidos! :spf:

Have a great Christmas BBQ (couldn’t imagine that myself - everything’s frozen here in this part of the World)!

Hazel

I realise there is a thread going on right now called merry christmas!. but I wanted to start this thread for a bit more elaboration. We’ll see what happens anyway. :slight_smile:

This year was the first year that I woke up after 6AM on Christmas day…I actually slept this year, and when I woke up, I wasn’t particularly excited either. My Mum came in my room to get me up instead of me pestering my parents to get up! I was a bit disappointed with myself to be honest! :eek: :frowning:

By 11AM I was thinking about coming on SitePoint to post -this- thread but instead chose to hang out with my brother on his xBox 360 (which he didn’t get this Christmas, just in case you were all thinking that!)

So what the hell am I talking about here anyway?! I was thinking, what do all of you actually do on Christmas Day? I mean, if we all have time to come on SitePoint…Are our Christmases not as exciting and interesting as we’d like to think? Or maybe it’s supposed to be this way?

I was telling my parents earlier on today how I thought Christmas Day was the most laziest day of the year, or must be, aside from the people working on this day, everybody just seems to lazy about eating, watching TV, listening to songs (on that note, check out this new song Train - Shake Up Christmas - Does anyone recognise this from any advertisements this year?), playing around with toys, hanging out with family, not really doing anything but just having some fun! Is this what Christmas Day should consist of?

What do you do on Christmas Day?

:elf: :santa2: :deer: Oh, and a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you! :frosty: :xtree: :apresent:

Andrew Cooper

Cool thread Andrew.
It’s not Xmas day here, although I did stop by for 5 mins or so yesterday.

We have our Xmas dinner and presents with my family on Xmas eve. My siblings and I do one course each and my parents are in charge of cocktails and looking after the kids (between my sister, brother and I we have 5 kids between 2 - 0). I stay up and drink whiskey on the deck with my brother and brother in law until midnight. We all stay at my parents place that night.

On Xmas morning we have a bbq breakfast and the kids open their stockings. Then we have a massive Xmas dinner at lunchtime with a whole lot of friends. In the afternoon we fly down the country with the twins to have Xmas dinner with my husband’s family and do it all again with the cousins on that side.

So it’s a long day which involves several day’s worth of eating and drinking.

Hello,

I like to say thanks to every one who have helped me and others by giving good tips on how to get traffic for the websites on Google, Yahoo, and other major search engines in general.

However, I have one question. I don’t get many traffic on these holiday days.

I think one reason is people don’t shop these days.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Thanks.

Merry Christmas all.

Anyone get anything good?

:slight_smile:

Just wanted to wish merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, merry chrismukkah, cheery kwanzaa, happy good food w/friends and family day to all you folks that were so helpful with all my css questions.

Advisor Note: 4 “Merry Christmas” Threads Merged

Work, I work like every other day my job doesn’t allow any holidays. However, the plus side being there is a lot less traffic on the 25th so it usually makes it easier in the morning to get things done.

Obviously by the time I have done the morning work - usually 7-hours - it is only an hour or so to Christmas dinner so some festive food. Then back to work by 4 o’clock in the evening and possibly finish by 8:00pm.

So no concept of having a lazy day for me. :smiley:

Greetings of the Season

As you get older Christmas means looses it’s meaning, it felt like another day and at this time it’s over anyhow those that say it’s not don’t want to face up to the fact that it is !

I slept and that was a pretty good Xmas gift IMO :slight_smile:

as for christmas meaning to us is family. most of my brothers have kids. we just buy the presents for kids and get all together for food and company. I am very happy to say that the nerf guns I got the two girls were a success and along w/their cousins they spent chasing each other around the house w/them & shooting each other.
Sooo evidently nerf shooting and having fun is part of the spirit of christmas.

Wishing everyone Health & Prosperity in the New Year!

Did I mention I slept at Christmas, it was good :slight_smile:

and to us as well. We had Christmas lunch with my immediate family and yesterday, Boxing Day, it was our turn to host the annual get together for my extended family. It was a lot of fun but still have a bit of cleaning up to do this morning :frowning:

And the religious side of Christmas and the reason behind why Christmas eventuated in the first place is very important to use as well.

Happy New Year to everyone…!! :Partier: :Partydude:

Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

anyways christmas is a special day because the celebration will not end soon since it is followed by new year eve and of course a wonderful year ahead…:slight_smile:

My Christmas this year was a simple one. Read some books, have some gatherings, gift exchanges and a half day hiking. Hope the merry mood of Christams extend to the new year 2011. Happy New Year to all of you. :slight_smile: