Messy Jquery text, how to read?

Hi

I got this messy Jquery text , how do I read this properly per function ect as it opens as a ball of text in notepad++
I cant make any sense out of it and I need to remove some code but dont know where to look for it.

Looks like you have the minified version - not human readable, but optimized for machines.

Can you you get a “non-min” version of the same code?

Paste your code here http://jsbeautifier.org/ and press control + enter. :slight_smile:

Sweet. Thanks… again… Ralph.

Appreciate it. Learning every day.

Why does one put a mini version on their website? Is that shorter even or just a different format of same type of code? And… how does one convert a normal code back to mini?

The minified version is usually somewhere between 50% and 80% of the size of the original version and therefore will load significantly faster.

A minified version is basically the same JavaScript code (all jQuery code is JavaScript code) with all the comments and unnecessary spaces removed.

No probs. Glad to help. :slight_smile:

There are lots of tools for “minifying” JS, so a quick Google search will turn them up. I don’t have any bookmarked, as I don’t have much use for them ATM.