Meteor Slideshow plugin slide transition flicker

My objective is to add a different slideshow to the header of each page of a WP site (twenty-ten child theme). I am currently using the Meteor Slides plugin however, considering switching to the NextGen Gallery plugin.

Each image is comprised of multiple slides, one background and additional slides with the same background image with segments of text superimposed. The slides transition fade in/out effects so as to appear a single image with animated text. The problem is that the slide transitions cause a flicker where the slides fade in/out intersect.

Creating the slideshow in Flash would solve the problem elegantly, however, the slideshow needs to be visible to iPhone and iPad users. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Krikket

How is the flicker seen? Is it the text that seems to flicker, or the image itself? One option might be to make the text images transparent, and leave the background image out of the gallery, as a background image on the slideshow div.

Just a thought, anyhow.

I also find that making the slideshow go a bit faster helps to get rid of flicker. Some browsers are also smoother than others. Chrome is a lot smoother than Firefox, for example.

The text stays smooth, the image itself flickers .

Hmm, making the text images transparent is a good idea for most of the pages. Thanks, that’s a great idea. I’m not sure how to implement that on the home page which is more of a slideshow using multiple images with different text for each image.

I also find that making the slideshow go a bit faster helps to get rid of flicker. Some browsers are also smoother than others. Chrome is a lot smoother than Firefox, for example.

Yes, increasing the transition speed reduces the flicker. What would be ideal would be the ability to control the transition time and duration of each individual slide in the slideshow, not just a global setting for the entire slideshow.

Again, your help is much appreciated, Ralph.

Krikket