Midnight Coding Music

So I don’t know if you’re like me, and somehow seem to do your best programming in the darkest hours of the night.

A little like a tame version of Swordfish, it’s music blasting, a massive chocolate bar to last the night, Redbull or some mild alcohol, and just cranking out code before crashing the next day. Good times, man. Good times.

I have a whole Youtube playlist for those nights, with all sorts of stay-awake music, and no lyrics or I’d get distracted singing along. But I’ve found the single, best song is this one;

//youtu.be/ZHVJVQzHv5Q

When I’m really stuck, I leave that one on repeat.

So any other midnight coders out there?

Are your practices similar to mine, or what do you guys do instead?!

And what is your single, best midnight coding song?

Night time works for me because I’m alone and undisturbed and allowed to think.

Most of the time I’ll leave the television on in the next room so the picture doesn’t distract me but I can hear whats going on.

Stand up comedians seem to work the best since I don’t have to see anything to enjoy what I’m hearing.

Night time has always been my best time

my best tool is the Verdi: Otello cd by the Bastille opera orchestra & choir, conducted by Myung-whun chung and performed by Placido Domingo

then there is Rossini: William tell Overture, Elgar: cello concerto, Wagner: the flying dutchman Overture + ride of the valkyries, Grieg: morning mood, solveig’s song, in the hall of the mountain kind etc

Then there is live recordings from the who, pink Floyd or music from the doors pouring out from the Television.

Elvis!

Selected songs from Morisette, Marley, Chapman, Redding, Reed, Pink, Zeppelin, Shakira, Joplin, Hendrix, Enya, Lavigne, Piaf, Secret garden, Björk, Vangelis, Kansas, Celtic Woman, Franklin and so on…

Some Norwegian artists: DDE, Banana Airlines, Terje tysland, KM Myrland, Øystein Sunde, Vazelina Bilopphøggers, Hans Rotmo, Jan Teigen etc…

I also use to pick up my guitar or sit down at the piano, or go down in my studio to bang them drums, stand on my hands, walk out on the balcony to get some fresh air, or prank call my friends at the middle of the night… Everything to get a break and new energy :smiley:

Brilliant. Really interesting.

Your musical tastes are all over the place. Cool.

haha, That’s really funny. Unless your friends weren’t already up late too!

1 Like

hmm, It just occured to me that version of the song I posted isn’t totally family-friendly.

If you’re under eighteen, please don’t click the link.

Same as for me. But I don’t do coding stuffs. I write my script. Best time for me is night time when everyone’s asleep and environment is quiet. It’s the best time for me to concentrate and conceptualize the things I want to write.

[FONT=Georgia]Why is this creepy, little robot so catchy?

Anyways, great coding music again. Listening to this one now and imaging my server as the little robot following my instructions, haha.[/FONT]

//youtu.be/YtdWHFwmd2o

And this:

//youtu.be/qpMvS1Q1sos

Myself, i also have a plylist, just it`s a mix of Lindsay Stirling, Rammstein, Scooter and some dubstep. Something that keeps the blood pumping :smiley: