Mirohristov.com Ripoff-ed

Hello,

I recently launched my new portfolio.
It got listed in a few CSS showcases sites and apparently someone decided that they can rip it off. :slight_smile:
http://www.aranya13.com/aranya/

I didn’t even notice until the shuffle letters and the parallax balls appeared on the screen.

They didn’t even bother to remove my google analytics script (which is how I found out about it) or rename their logo (src=“img/mirohristov-logo.png”)

What do you think? What should I do?

If they’re based in the US you could try filing a DMCA. IANAL so can’t tell you if you also have to be based in the US to file one.

Thank you! Looking into it.

Just for information, you don’t.

The DMCA mandates various actions on residents of the USA (both individuals and corporations). If you live in the USA, or if your company is registered there, you are bound by the requirements of the Act. But there is no requirement to be resident in the USA in order to serve a notice under the act.

I would add that filing a DMCA notice shouldn’t be your first line of attack. It’s something to do if a polite approach fails.

The following article might help: Dealing with copyright infringements of your web page or blog

Mike

Yes, maybe just an intern played the skilled guy, and nobody knows…