More Colors with Less

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/more-colors-less/

It’s simple to compute data and perform calculations directly in your stylesheet using Less. It’s also simple to create and mix colors in your stylesheet — without having to use a color picker.

Watch me as I show you how to create new colors from existing colors with the lighten() and darken() functions. Join me and learn how to make CSS more dynamic and rich in colors with the power of Less.

Want to see how much more you can do with Less? Come and watch my new course Introduction to Less on Learnable. I’ve got you covered.

Continue reading this article on SitePoint

The thing is: I hate the darken / lighten functions. I used them a lot before and the result was always colours everywhere and lost of the colour consistency. In a nutshell: a big colour mess.

I prefer defining all my colours at the very beginning and not playing with those functions.

Thanks Sandy. It’s not something I have played around with before, but the insight you provided has wet my appetite. Thanks for taking the time out to show us.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.