Most Efficient Stack for Web Apps with Robust+Dynamic Front-Ends?

I’m a PHP programmer. I’m looking at some potential future web application projects that involve much more dynamic and elegant front-ends that need to look highly professional and more dynamic data display and functionality with things like drag and drop, etc. Up to this point my front ends are just using HTML/JS/JQuery/CSS but I’m feeling this stack is a bit too rudimentary/old school for the more sophisticated type of stuff I’d like to do in the future. Granted with HTML5, JQuery, etc, you can pretty much still pull most everything off with PHP, but I’m wondering what people feel is the current leading stack for developing responsive web apps with robust front-ends with data binding using a minimal amount of code in the most efficient way possible?

I’d prefer to not have my apps look like most others (ala Bootstrap which everyone and their Mom seems to be using.) Components that come to mind (other than what I’m already using) are Ruby, Python, AngularJS, Knockout.js, Meteor/Node.js, Compass/Saas, Foundation 4, etc. etc. etc.

I’m wondering what the Full Stack devs out there currently see as the most promising stack?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.