Move div with keyboard

Ok,

I am trying to code a piece of JS so that I can move a div around on the page using the keyboards arrow keys.

So far I have the following…

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Cursor Mover</TITLE>
<SCRIPT>
function move(e)
{
	if(window.event) // IE
	{
		ek = window.event.keyCode;

if (ek==37)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left - 5);
		if (ek==39)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left + 5);
		if (ek==38)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.top = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left - 5);
		if (ek==40)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.top = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.top + 5);
	}
	else // Other browsers
	{
		ek = e.which

if (ek==37)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left - 5);
		if (ek==39)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left + 5);
		if (ek==38)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.top = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.left - 5);
		if (ek==40)
			document.getElementById('DIV1').style.top = (document.getElementById('DIV1').style.top + 5);

}
}
</SCRIPT>
<STYLE TYPE="TEXT/css">
#DIV1
{
	position: absolute;
	background-color:#000000;
	height:20;
	width:20;
	top:100px;
	left:100px;
}
</style>
</HEAD>
<BODY onkeydown="move(event);">
<div id="DIV1" style=""></DIV>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Now the problems…

In both IE and Firefox when you press an arrow key the div suddenly jumps to the left top corner of the screen.

In IE if you try to press an arrow key again it shows an error.

In firefox if you try to press an arrow key again it does nothing.

Im obviously doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ok what Im trying to recreate is… http://cross-browser.com/x/examples/arrowkeys.html

Your question is answered here:

http://www.codingforums.com/showthread.php?t=99641

Basscyst

One more question…

Im thinking about making a type of browser based game where you must control a character (the DIV) around a basic map. Then when the character is on top of certain areas when the user presses enter various messages show up. Is Javascript capable of doing this and capable of doing it well?