Move Navigation bar & horizontal coloured bar

Hello!

I’m looking for someone to help me move the navigation menu from where it is now to the top right (as seen in the attached image)
http://occasionfunder.com

Also place a horizontal coloured bar (again as seen in the attached image)

Any ides on how this can be done?

Thanks

Sam

Hi samrowe. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Your screen shot doesn’t look a lot like the page you linked to, and it’s not really clear what you want. Seems like the menu is top right already. Have you fixed this?

Hi Ralph,

I haven’t fixed this. Apologies I meant move from the current position to the top left like the attached example.

If you look at http://occasionfunder.com your see the current navigation on the top right Home | About us | etc a I need this moving to the top left in the grey area like the attached example.

With a pink strip that runs below that (again like the attached example)

Thanks

Sam

OK, moving the menu to the left is easy enough. Change this (main.css, line 199):

.top-right {
float: right;
width: 55%;
}

to this:

.top-right {
float: left;
}

As for the pink part, it doesn’t look like you are ready for that yet. What do you want to do with the Home, About Us links etc?

Are you sure its main.css? Can’t seem to find that on line 199.

I want to remove the nav bar in its current position and just have the pick flow left to right like the attached example.

Thanks for you help.

Sam

It’s definitely there.

I’m confused about what you want to do, though. You have two menus there. Which do you want top left? Which do you want to get rid of? The code I posted relates to the login menu.

Hey Ralph,

Apologies Ive not been clear. Please see attached what I would like to do.

I want to take the existing menu Home / about / etc and move that into the grey area in the top left in the same style as the Signup/Register & then delete the existing menu.

I wish for the menu to be editable if I need to add pages using the menu function within wordpress.

Thanks

Sam

OK, I see now. Well, everything I said above is void, then. You have some major surgery to perform, in that case. I guess the first step is to dig into your WP templates and move the menu into the class=“container” div. At first it will look shocking, but no matter. The styling comes later. First you need to get it into the right place.

I don’t know where that code will be, but look in a few places such as header.php.

Unfortunately, the code you are working with is pretty messy, so this won’t be pretty.