Moving from Wordpress to Tikiwiki?

Thinking of moving my site over to tikiwiki
Currently run a Word Press blog (Kubrick theme)
Is it possible to import all my previous blogs (about 3 years worth) from Word Press into Tikiwiki?

Cheers

You could export your posts (by username as a CSV file) and then import them via this:

http://doc.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=128#_Adding_new_users_in_bulk)

I’m no Tikiwiki expert but apparently that will do what you want. :slight_smile:

Cheers Alex

Done some homework on Tikiwiki and decided against it now!

One other issue I have is that I was running my blog on an older version of Word Press and just recently the coding has become unsupportable on the server I host my site on

Now when I try and access my blog it comes up with the following error message:

“PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test\lazyshark.makemedia-test.com\ ravelblog\wp-settings.php on line 229 PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test\lazyshark.makemedia-test.com\ ravelblog\wp-settings.php on line 231 PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test\lazyshark.makemedia-test.com\ ravelblog\wp-settings.php on line 232 PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Test\lazyshark.makemedia-test.com\ ravelblog\wp-settings.php on line 249”

Panicking abit as there are over 3 years of blogs there

I think what I need to do is copy across all the files from this old Wordpress into a new Wordpress version but not sure how to go about it

Any advice/help you can offer would be appreciated

Cheers
Stu

I know I’m resurrecting so sorry about that but I would think about switching servers before switching CMSs. If your service provider isn’t up to date with reasonable support standards, I would be more worried about what else they’ll flub up in the future. Switching servers and forking out the extra dough might save you money when compared to the hours you could put in converting to your new CMS and creating a theme that resembles your old one, not to mention the risk of those updates failing because your servers aren’t the greatest :confused: