Moving JS after CSS to speed up the website

I read somewhere that putting Javascript code after CSS code on webpages makes them feel like they load faster. I was wondering if any of you has any experience with this and if you do follow this rule in your projects.

Yep i have heard of this and its 100% true, before when i had CSS and javascript set out of order the page loaded kind of slow but as soon as i arranged the CSS and javascript the page loaded faster.

In my personal experience i would say do this all the time as it does work.

The recommendation these days is to put all of your JavaScript just before the closing </body> tag. That way the rest of the page has loaded before JS operates on it.

As confirmation, here are the Best Practices for Speeding Up Your Web Site among which is: [url=“http://developer.yahoo.com/performance/rules.html#js_bottom”]Put Scripts at the Bottom

In addition placing all JavaScript at the bottom promotes good practice – avoiding embedded and inline scripting.

I’m moving all my js files just before </body> and it really gives me the impression that pages load faster. I’ll start doing this always from now on.