Multi Site CMS

If it is just news or updates, then RSS can cover this without joining the systems together.

the idea is good but it won’t works in our scenario but I need to explore how the instance of new CMS is automatically created coz the number of child site is not limited.

Second thing the requirement is to develop multilingual site. Means you can see the ditto copy of English version in 2 other languages and those are arabic scripts languages.

ExpressionEngine has a an expansion by the name of [URL=“http://expressionengine.com/downloads/details/multiple_site_manager/”]Multiple Site Manager. It might be what you’re after. It isn’t free, however.

Looks fulfill the requirement at some extent but the solution is not economical. Every site cost you additional license fee.

Actually I am exploring the opportunity if I get off the shelf version then its useless to hire developers and spend time on development.

I welcome advices from other people as well.

Main features requirement:

• Multi Site Environment
  • Multi Lingual Support

joomla has some solutions for this, but it is tough to pull of a site structure like this long term without a hired programmer doing custom stuff and updating.

+1 vote for Expression Engine. I’ve used this feature in Drupal before but EE is by far the more user / developer friendly CMS.

If the small fee is too high then you are probably better off using different CMS installations

Actually I’ve to made 50+ website and if they charge for every instance then its not economical. Second we need to offer multilingual support on every website which I think EE is not supported.

Can somebody give me an idea how you guys manage the Multilingual website? The requirement is to create replica of English version. Lets say if user add new news item then they’ve to put the content in all languages.

Take a look at Joomla with the JMS2win multisite component its really easy to setup and u can use Joomfish multilingual component with it as well.

Thanks for your input. I’ll surely check this component as well. I have to take decision on using ready to use CMS/Component or developing our own custom CMS. Still I am exploring different CMS.

Are the 50+ websites you have to build all to be hosted on the one domain with subdomains or are they websites for separate companies? what sort of content you need to include?

bazz

All websites belong to the same organization but will be hosted on separate domain. You can assume it as the department/product of company. The management of all websites will be different but they can share the same CMS.

There are some reason sharing the same CMS. Lets say if Site A, Site B upload some news or document then it will also be available on MAIN website as well.

You can do this with JMS2win component as it has article sharing plugin.

Thanks guys for all your input. I tried to find the application which fulfills our requirement but still no luck. I think its better to develop it from scratch with all the required features we may need it along with scalability in mind.

I think I should ask for architecture recommendation in separate thread.

Thank You

If you’re just using subpages instead of different domains, you can set up the user permissions in most CMSes to only allow certain users access to those specific areas.

mysite.com/dept-a
mysite.com/dept-b
mysite.com/dept-c

and so on.

Yes I know if that was the case then I can use any CMS but the requirements are different. Anyway thanks for ur input.

Expression engine is perfect for that purpose.

[URL=“http://www.huggykidsbedding.com/moses_baskets”]