Multi Site Publishing - .NET CMS

I have used Drupal and other PHP products in the past for CMS, but have a new project that would ideally be .NET based due to consistency with other applications and staff resources/support.

Looked into Composite C1, Orchard, DotNetNuke, etc. Impressed with Composite C1 and reading up on some localization options, but not sure it’s perfect for our multi-publisher environment.

We’ll have many different chapers around the country that have to have their own logins to the system and be able to publish unique content to their own section or microsite that’s geared toward their own regional chapter within a common universal site theme but possibly customized navigation for taylored pages in their regional site area. One example might be the ability for a regional chapter admin to input a calendar event or news items that are highlighted on their own regional microsite, but might also be pulled up into a common main calendar showing all chapter inputs collectively on the primary big organization page. So essentially many separate regional sites but working within a shared system with collective possibilities and common templates.

May end up building custom tools, but wondering if anyone’s used a .NET CMS that would fit a multi-publisher, multi-site requirement like this. As I haven’t built with these .NET tools previously, any suggestions appreciated. thanks!

Sharepoint could do it, but you don’t want to spend the money nor get that “unique” experience. Not sure if anything else out there does multi-site.

I’d pick BlogEngine hands down for use as a multi-user CMS.

i think blogengine isnt multisite.

i havent seen any free multi site .net cms. kentico is one I know have the multisite feature, but thats an expensive route.

You’re right, I think a custom-written multi-project (achieved using Nuget) solution may be the only way to achieve this.

Umbraco can handle multiple sites without an issue, IIRC.