Multiple checkbox product comparison query

why you have given the link in the form to compareM.php what is the use.

I didn’t do that… you did that. I just used the same form you have in your original page… either way… the form never submits to that page… I stop the form from submitting in the javascript.

the checkboxex should not be checked on page load

I’ve used checked checkboxes during development, so that I wouldn’t have to check them every time I reloaded the page. To change that, open the “Data.js” file. You will see something like the following:

new Product(
        "sinus_rise",
        "Sinus Rinse",
        "15",
        "15.95",
        new ProductFeatures("fea_1","fea_3","fea_4","fea_6"),
        "images/box_online_50.gif",
        true
    )

To have a checkbox not checked automatically, change the last parameter that says true, to false, like so:

new Product(
        "sinus_rise",
        "Sinus Rinse",
        "15",
        "15.95",
        new ProductFeatures("fea_1","fea_3","fea_4","fea_6"),
        "images/box_online_50.gif",
        false
    )

I don’t fully understand what you mean by “i want to enter the data instead of the tick mark images”?

To change where the comparison table comes up… move the following div to another area in the html page:

<div id="comparison_table">

</div>

This element is what the script uses to populate and create the comparison table

unchecking a checkbox means the corresponding feature should gone

I’m once again a little unclear about what you mean by this

hi,
data instead of tick marks means, instead of showing the tick marks i want to enter some data rather text data which should be editable, because the data should be the product specifications.You have to remove the tick marks and enter some text data, one other, i do not want to show up the price along with the product picture($20.22, etc) remove them.

unchecking a checkbox means the corresponding feature should gone means if i uncheck a checkbox then the corresponding product must not be seen it should hide

plz reply soon with the above corrections.

thank you

hey pip,
i do not want those tick mark images instead i want some data to be entered there some text data please do that.

thanks

how to insert data in place of the tick mark images, actually i wnt to show some text data , different for different products instead of showing the tick marks, another thing how to show images side by the check boxex for e.g
image-check box-label

plz solve it mastero

Ok, I’m not sure if I understood you correctly, but you can now either have tick marks or text data per feature.

Zip File Attached.

To use only a checkmark in a feature, change the third parameter of a feature to “checkbox”.

oGlobalProducts_Features.addToFeatureList(
        new Feature(
            "fea_1",
            "Feature 1",
            "checkbox"
        )
    );

To use a checkmark in a feature with text:

new Feature(
            "fea_1",
            "Feature 1",
            "checkbox",
            "Checkmark text"
        )
    );

To use a text only:

new Feature(
            "fea_1",
            "Feature 1",
            "text",
            "Feature Text"
        )
    );

hey pip i want ur help again, could you develop a slide show that is like in aol, i mean to say i want to develop with the help of your’s that should be like aol, for reference visit www.aol.com

thanks

I came across a short script for comparing products, which I believe was originally created by yourself…

The script is very much what I was looking for, however instead of taking the data from a file, I would really like to use data from a MYSQL database as there will be many products and many fields.

Would you consider modifying your code to include this facility ??

wow… 3 years later… thought this thread would’ve been closed by now. I can’t even remember what my script was doing, to be quite honest

Send me a private message with details of what you need, and I’ll see if I can sort you out. I actually haven’t touched JavaScript in nearly 2 years, but it’s all like riding a bike at the end of the day. :wink:

Hi Pip

Did you get my private message ?

Kind Regards
Stephen

I did now, yes… only saw it now… not sure why I wasn’t alerted. I replied with my personal email address. Check your private messages, and send further details to my private address. Apologies for the delay

For everyone looking to have this script amended to your requirements, please send me a private message containing the details of your requirements.

I’ll extend it to incorporate as much of your requirements as possible, and dot down what I couldn’t get done.

Let me know.

Tks