Multiple forms with the same button class name HOW to post it JQuery and Ajax

Hello everyone

Im faced with a problem

i have a page where there is a list of name

For each name there is a form with select box and hidden input and submit button

How i can make the user click select box and submit the content to the server without
refreshing SO HE/SHE could go to the 2nd and 3rd and so on

Please direct me

I tried using different field names for each form but the button need to stay with one name so i could call the script
BUT JS does not understand which form to take it keep taken the first form in the list…
\
Im sure the answer is simple but i just cant figure it out its been 2 night trying im on the verge of quitting
i know the best way is to use JS

Help me out

Thanks

Make it 1 form and 3 divs, then give each div an id and hide them but not the first one. After every small part in the form you add a button with the onClick java event and make the 2nd part visible and so on. And the last one has a real input submit button.

Yes i can do that but my issue is slidly different im sorry i think i have not explained clear in my post i will try now

assume you have 10 employes list
you want to update status of 2 employies who missed today work
and u want to add information for 2 other employies who where late 4 hours

So the first idea was to display all employes in a list
form1
Emp A-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button
form2
Emp B-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button
form3
Emp C-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button
form4
Emp D-----CheckBox for if missing ------ Text field for Hours Missing -------- hidden text field for Emp ID ------------ then Submit button

If i make each form unique then i guess i have to do ajax call for each form and thats a redundant code
I want a way where i can submit information for the employes who missed today work without refreashing or conflecting with other forms…

in my head thats the easiest way to do it in useability wise :slight_smile:
imagin if there is 100 employes list
also imagin if there are 30 employes missed today work.

The idea is to do it like FACEBOOK comment button … i mean if possible JS

Never mind
i changed the style
i used open window object which is supported by all major browsers, it seemed easier to do it this way
I should start picking up JS and JQuery

Thanks Guys