Multiple Loops & Pagination in Wordpress

Right, so what I currently have is a page split into three using a css grid. The third column is the sidebar, The first two each have a query for posts to display, and create a nice grid of posts (dummy content): http://puu.sh/2Xh9o.jpg

Each loop looks like this:

<?php query_posts('showposts=5'); ?>
<?php $posts = get_posts('numberposts=5&offset=0'); foreach ($posts as $post) : start_wp(); ?>
<?php static $count1 = 0; if ($count1 == "5") { break; } else { ?>
-----Content -----
<?php $count1++; } ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>

This shows five posts in the first column, and the second loop displays five posts after (offset=5) the first five in the second column, totaling ten on the page and read top-bottom left-right. Naturally, this creates a problem with pagination.

What I would like to do is have the posts listed from left to right (but retain the fluid look it currently has with different sized posts) across both columns, or a tleast appear to (I can merge the columns into a two third/one third split), and when reaching the bottom, load the next 10 or so posts automatically (ultimately infinite scroll, but pagination first).

I’m not a php’er, and to be honest I don’t understand most of this code. I’ve built this with help from the wordpress codex and sites like this, but have come to a stop. Any copy-pastable or easy to understand advice/answers are much appreciated. Also new to the forum, great resource and hope to contribute later on :slight_smile:

----EDIT----
Solved it, I’ll remove the double loops and try jquery masonry script.