Multiple Users with Gmail

Hi All,

I’m new to Gmail, so far it looks great.

Now I have a quick question:

We switched over to gmail/Google Apps so multiple staff members could share the same email address. Now I’m getting greedy…

Is there any way TWO USERS can share the same email address. For example, could there be User votrechien who uses questions@northstaranchors.com and his signature is signed “votrechien” when he logs in, and user TomJones who also uses questions@northstaranchors.com but his email is signed “Tom Jones”. Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Dave

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot have multiple user profiles on one gmail acc’t.

You could set it up so that the gmail account is accessed through a desktop client. Desktop mail programs will let you set up different profiles; different signatures depending on the profile, all sent through the same email address.

Yep, Google supports it. Not to get too technical, but they support IMAP access as well, which would actually be better if you have multiple computers/devices accessing it. That will take care of all the tracking and syncing if 2+ devices are using it.
Google does a business package too, but if you just want to use the email, desktop clients and IMAP access are probably your best bet.

It does make sense. It may even be the case that even it could be only one person, he wanted to have two different signatures depending if he acts in two different roles! :lol:

I don’t know if as a web mail it can have it, I haven’t checked that, but since you can also activate POP access, and that’s free, each of you could receive your mails in your regular e-mail client and use this client to have your personalised signature. Since you’ll be using different computers and different clients, each of you can use a different signature.

It might be possible from their business or enterprise packages, however I think it’s worth highlighting this specific Google page, because it could affect you:

According to Google’s terms of usage agreement, their apps are intended for single user access, not for sharing. :slight_smile: