My Laptop battery timing is decreasing day by day

I bought a laptop 1 year ago and i was impressive with its battery timing but now after 1 year its battery timing is just 5 minutes. What should i have to do now?

Buy a new battery. Depending on the brand of laptop, most batteries are, well frankly, crappy.

is there no any other solution?
because this battery is geniun

Do you have a warranty on the laptop?

Batteries age and die its part of their life. It doesn’t have to be a crappy battery to die. Several factors contribute to the life span of a battery. How much it is used, how many charge cycles, the environment it is in. For lithium-ion batteries heat is a big problem for them, heat quickly kills them.

If you live in a hot climate you are going have to replace your batteries more often.

I have heard that if you are using the laptop with the charger you should remove the battery, and most people dont do this and thats why batteries go dead in such short periods

No its not. Having the charger plugged in for long periods does not ruin the battery.

Most rechargeable devices now adays will switch off their changing circuit once the battery is charged and will run off the mains until the mains gets switched off. Was the laptop brand new or was it a second hand one?

yes i used my laptop battery while charger blugged

That is a good point and I agree although I have in my time seen some pretty crappy batteries being used in production laptops. For example, I purchased a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop and after using it for a few months I noticed that I never got the time per charge that was advertised, in fact most of the time I was lucky to get an hour out of it and it was rated for four.

Do you use the dvd drive a lot? The DVD drive will eat a fair chunk out the battery

I second the “remove your battery if running on the AC adapter”. If you leave your laptop on 24x7 you can not only ruin the battery, but on one of my laptops the heat caused the power connector to the mb to burn up and ruin the motherboard. I don’t think pulling the battery is nearly as important if you only have the laptop on for a couple hours a day and it’s off the rest of the time.

This has happened with my laptop too. But I don’t know - whether to buy a new battery or directly to buy a new laptop.

I have brought laptop before 6 months and its battery is was too good and know its work only for 10 minutes ans i shown to shop it is saying its battery is nice not to change but not getting exactly problem of it.

Very good points i have checked here… one more point i want to add here that if you charge a battery and then used it 50% - 40% left and then again you start charging where as the charging is done too often. let the battery go down to below 20% and then start charging. This will help to protect your battery life.

Sorry no, modern laptop batteries are almost exclusively lithium-ion, you would be hard pressed to find one that is not. Anyways. lithium-ion batteries have no memory, they like getting constant tinkle of power. Use it until 90% or to 60% makes no difference to a lithium-ion battery.

Dear wash your battery conduction point erase the carbon and also check your battery charge amp.

yes my laptop battery also too decrease can i change it .
<snip>

u should buy another one…

you should be very careful when you are charging it. just look how much time it takes. and if it is charges very fast it means that you can throw your battery and buy a new one, once i have the same problem and behave in such a way.