My laptop screen looks like a bunch of colorful barcodes, please help!?

HELP

My laptop screen looks like a bunch of colorful barcodes, please help!?

Everytime i use my Laptop its monitor displays a bunch of color in the screen, that stretch from top to bottom like a bunch of colorful barcodes and sometimes it slowly shifts to blues or browns like a watercolor texture. It also freezes. In the beginning it just swithed off.

I have also reinstalled and rebooted the whole Laptop. But the problem does not go away.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?
What do i do?
How do i do it?

please help me anybody.

It might be a problem with the cable that connects the screen to the motherboard.

Does the problem go away or change when you adjust the screens position or otherwise move it around?

No i have already tried that. The screen keeps on changing colour, and i am not able to even use the mouse. its like it freeze, except for the screen changing colour.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Could be a problem with your graphics processor.

Do you think i need to replace the graphics processor. Or is there another way to fix the problem with out replaying anything

Try reinstalling the drivers for your graphics processor.
Is your laptop under warranty still?

Sounds to me like the LCD might be fubar’ed :frowning:

If you have checked all the connections and you have the most up to date version of your graphics drivers then it doesn’t sound good. :frowning:

Try plugging the laptop into an external monitor via a VGA connector and see if that displays correctly. If it does then your LCD is broken. If it doesn’t, then chances are its a dud graphics card or corrupt drivers.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

No my warranty expired 3 months ago. I have a Acer aspire, and i didnt get any cds with it. When you reinstall everything you need to press Alt F10. I am a beginner when it comes to computer. How can i reinstall the drivers from my graphics processor when i dont have a cd. My laptop is not even 2 years old

Thanks, if the drivers are corrupt is there a way i can fix it. Because i have already rebooted and installed everything agian. but the problem is the same. How can you fix a corrupt driver?

One more thing. Before the screen started giving all these problems, it also swithed off on its own. The first problem i had was with it switching off on its own. A few days later it started to give me the screen problems.

Any chance of a photo?

Sounds like your graphics card/chip or screen may be screwed.

What does it look like when you attach it to an external monitor?

I still need to try a with a new monitor. The laptop freeze and i am not able to do anything. But the screen is constantly changing colour. You cant see anything that was on your destop. its just these lines of colour changing from blue to green to red.

I have to say that this sounds like the “Nvidia faulty laptop chips” case, you can read about it here and [URL=“http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/703/1028703/nvidia-g84-g86-bad”]here and see if it may affect your product…

If this is the same thing, your product need to be repaired by replacing the hardware

It is almost certainly either a cooked GPU (most likely) or a failing connection between GPU and screen. I would try booting a liveCD version of Linux and seeing if you get the problems, that will at least eliminate the windows driver issues. Though, when windows corrupts video drivers, one either gets blue screens or an enforced drop to VGA mode . . .

Simply consult to a pc technician or Acer’s help line, even your product is not under warranty.

When does the screen begin the ‘barcode’ display?
1- Immediately (as soon as you turn it on, before POST)
2- During boot
3- After log in/complete Windows load

If 1 - GPU or PC to Screen Cable has failed - start shopping for a new computer. (do not buy another POS Acer) Has the computer been dropped? Have you opened it? Can you open it to check that both ends screen cable are fully seated in their connectors?

2 or 3 - possible driver corruption or incorrect driver installed (highly unlikely, but possible)

Can you boot into Safe Mode? Have you tried the previously mentioned LiveCD?

How can i reinstall the drivers from my graphics processor when i dont have a cd.

Go to acer.com, or whatever, lookup your model and download the latest video drivers.

3 It happens after the log in. Windows is able to load.
It could not have been damaged because i was really carefull with it. I did not open it.

I think i will be able to boot in safe mode.

I will go on the acer.com and download the drivers.

Thanks everyone for all the help so far