My new favorite quote to vegetarians

Geez… there’s a place for all Gods creatures…right next to the mashed taters n gravy!

1 Like

I didn’t climb to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian!

Vegetarian: Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can’t hunt, fish or ride.

A girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club but I’d never met herbivore.

4 Likes

I don’t carrot all what you people say. It’s not meet to eat meat. I’ve bean curd of such behavior. Lettuce all prey for your souls. [Cue cumbersome retorts …]

2 Likes

I didn’t climb to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian! @John_Betong

I love this one!

Although I understand vegetarias (up to a point), the truth is tha we, humans, process meat and fish better than vegetables because thousands of years before we became omnivorous, we were carnivorous.

But as I said, I do understand vegetarians. Sometimes, the way meat is processed makes you want you to be one of them. Except for Spanish ham and lots of other stuff that are too good to be forgotten :slight_smile:

[quote=“John_Betong, post:2, topic:101040”]
A girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club but I’d never met herbivore.
[/quote] AH!! Gah!! LOVE IT! Gotta remember 'dat one.

:slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to cloned meat; I’m certain it’s coming.

All the flavour without the horrible farming practices. Maybe.

1 Like

Haggis (the REAL haggis, none of that other stuff that pretends to be haggis); pepperoni; jerky; bacon; cheeseburgers from “Cheeborgeh-Cheeborgeh”.

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he/she make them out of meat?

That reminds me of the wonderful Flanders and Swann, and The Reluctant Cannibal:

But people have always eaten people,
What else is there to eat?
If the Juju had meant us not to eat people,
He wouldn’t have made us of meat!

(The Reluctant Cannibal starts two minutes in.)

1 Like

Thanks TB. I was trying to remember where that was from, as it’s the first thing I thunk of too. Love that line—“Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not.”)

1 Like

Interesting theory. Got any source?

Pepperoni is a vegetable :wink:

[quote=“guido2004, post:11, topic:101040”]

Will tomato ketchup do?

2 Likes

:smile:

Used to have it… Now I don’t know where I put it but I’m sure it is easy to search in Google.

I hate that so many vegetarians are so preachy. I haven’t eaten meat in about 10 years but I could care less what you do! I’ll go with you to the steakhouse if you want! It’s not my business what you eat or why. I think people would be less snarky about vegetarians if they/we’d stop trying to talk other people into it.

I like vegetarian zombies though - graainzzzz!!!

1 Like

That’s right. Crocodiles and sharks did. :stuck_out_tongue:

I DO miss meat…I grew up with the best barbecue in the world and it is HARD not to eat it. Apart from bacon (which I am apparently the only person on the planet who does’t/didn’t like) I still crave it all. I just live vicariously through my friends now!!! :smile:

My friend said to me if you want to live a complete healthy lifestyle bid farewell to the meat.

Thousands of people live healthy lives eating meat. As a matter of fact, vegetarians do have to complement their diet to make it up for the protein that they will miss when they stop eating meat. So what your friend said is not right.
You can be vegetarian and not healthy

I am totally a junk food vegetarian. I do not eat healthy at all! (bad me!) It just depends on the person’s reasons for not eating meat I guess. But Pizza and beer and Oreos are vegetarian!