My profile picture is not showing

Hello,

I added link to the picture to my profile but it’s not showing. It’s a precise link that points to one picture (my logo).
Why my profile picture is still not showing?
Thank you for help.

I don’t know. Are you sure your picture follows these rules: The maximum size of your custom image is 320 by 240 pixels or 64.0 KB ?

From the FAQ:

After you’ve reached 25 posts, you can use a personalized avatar. An avatar is a small image that can be included in your user profile. The maximum size for avatar images is 75 by 75 pixels.

You cannot use your avatar as a means of advertising.

The SitePoint logo, in any variation, cannot be used by anyone who is not a member of the SitePoint staff.

Just checked:
Dimensions: 280px × 236px
Size: 39Kb

So it should be 75x75 or 320x240 ?

To be honest, no idea. But I believe the 25 post limit is going to prevent you from seeing it anyway.

The 25 posts and 75 by 75 pixels limits are for the avatar (the picture shown on the left of each post). The profile pic is another thing. I have no idea if the post limit is valid for the profile pic as well.

Somebody’s confused here. :slight_smile:

cpradio has linked to the avatar rules. Avatars are the small pictures which show up by your posts.

Your profile picture will only show on your profile page. Is that the one you’re trying to set? I uploaded mine, which works fine. Can you upload yours instead of linking to it?

So I am. I never realized there was a profile pic (just goes to show how many of the features I use…)

:lol: I can’t remember why I have one. I suspect I uploaded it whilst trying to help somebody else do the same. :slight_smile:

You’re not doing anything wrong. That field hasn’t worked since we upgraded to vB4.
We’re about to move right off vB and onto Discourse so it will be a moot point anyway.
Apologies for all the confusion.