My Short 100TB Review: Garbage

I’ve been using SitePoint for a long time and can say that I’ve gone through my fair share of dedicated hosts including ThePlanet, Hivelocity, ServInt, OC3 and PacificRack. I’ve even done some shared hosting on Powweb.

I’ve been using 100TB for some time and was typically at least satisfied with their service. Yes, my servers elsewhere were more reliable, but I could not complain due to the price. I have heard that 100TB 10TB Midphase shows its dark side if any problems occur or if any upgrades are needed. This is where my downhill slide began.

Added a nas storage for backups, which was a disaster with 100tb, and once I finally got past that, my server has decided to begin dying. It hard crashes (requiring a full reboot at the datacenter) daily. What sucks is that, unlike all my other hosts, 100tb does NOT watch the uptime of their servers. So, if I’m away all day, it means the server is down all day. I’ve been forced to wake up now at 5AM to catch it going down. Like today, I saw the server was offline, so wrote 100TB to get it back up. Only took them 5 hours to reboot it!

While if this was the first bad case, I’d let it slide, but my impressions of 100tb has gone from ok to horrible. I can’t think of a worse hosting provider.

If you’re looking for a dedicated host, I’d highly suggest you avoid 100tb 10tb or Midphase (all three names they use).

My two cents
Ryan

What sucks is that, unlike all my other hosts, 100tb does NOT watch the uptime of their servers. So, if I’m away all day, it means the server is down all day.

If these are unmanaged servers, it’s normal that they’re not monitored.

I believe they sell management services too, but this does come at a price.

Only took them 5 hours to reboot it!

Have they explained such kind of delays somehow?

They basically just responded, “Hey, we don’t monitor.”

All the hosting solutions I use now uptime monitor even when not managed, which through me off. I have hence been helped by another person at 100tb who has been great.

I’m signed up for their base management, which is basically only for the monitoring, and they helped me get my server problem all worked out.

Everything seems much better and I’m way happier. It’s going to take some time for the bitter taste out of my mouth, but my feelings of 100tb have vast improved.

I still have the one server with them.

Cheers!
Ryan