My three social networks I throw my attention into

Facebook
Google-+
Pinterest

I’ve tried twitter with each site and I always loose focus on it. It seems more cold to me than the others. Sort of one sided. Maybe that’s because in never gathered any kind of real followers. But regardless the character limit turns me off. Google+ has creeped in there recently. I guess their advertising efforts (or forced usage) has done its job. Regardless inclusion into the google+ platform is good for google seo in a hundred ways. You could add a social bookmarking one to that list but I have never got into those either. But others are of course.

I think it’s best to pick 3 to 5 social networks to put your efforts rather than throwing the kitchen sink at seo and spreading your limited efforts around in 20 different places. Quality over quantity in my book.

I just put some of this effort into a new site and had this on my mind and thought I’d share. Where do you guys spend your efforts on social stuff? What seems to work for you? What doesn’t?

If your website is called joesbows.com then usually so are all your social networks. Usually you make a post on your site, then paste the new page into your social media outlets. By default each social outlet will populate your share for you verbatim what it says on your site. Although duplicate content like this is generally considered ok in seo circles it’s still duplicate. It occurred to me this morning, that possibly a better techque would be to vary the name of each of your social circles and vary the name of each post. Things that essentially mean the same thing just worded different. I don’t do this, not yet anyway, but just food for thought. It would definetly garner more search results for more queries. But it could also dilute your brand name. Just more fuel for the discussion fire.

Eric W.

i tried my luck with Facebook and Twitter . i can say that both helps me getting traffic. i found facebook better than twitter (thats my experience) while engaging with my users, where people love to share contents.

I have experience with both, and in most cases Facebook is better at keeping the community engaged. This is also because they allow advertising, so it’s easy to grow your community and promote each post automatically.

Twitter works good, but you have to have a lot of information. Posting about 10 to 20 tweets a day can be overwhelming and use use external tools to keep up. I like it, but really haven’t had that much success for my clients.

I am using Facebook ,Twitter and linkedIn for my business. These three networks generates good traffic to my business site. Especially I got very good traffics and likes in facebook. Secondly Twitter and Thirdly LinkedIn.
I think LinkedIn is best for targeting business people and Twitter is best for commercial and facebook is useful for all kind of focus. Because Facebook is more popular and all kind of people spend time in it.

That’s right! I always stick to specific social media platforms than being spread via different places. It won’t give much efforts for the website! I put more attention to FB, Twitter and Google Plus. Although I still doubt the last one. Could you explain how Google Plus can really work for my site? What stuff are you doing there?

Social Media platform is independent & unpredictable where you cannot rely on a single site for driving the traffic to your website.
In order to use social media to the best of one usage you can tried to take the help of all the different medium avail to you. I would suggest not to limit the social media only to those three sites.

That’s right! I always stick to specific social media platforms than being spread via different places. It won’t give much efforts for the website! I put more attention to FB, Twitter and Google Plus. Although I still doubt the last one. Could you explain how Google Plus can really work for my site? What stuff are you doing there?

Dear mates, I have something different experience. I have tried both 3 media for getting traffic, but after some fixed amount of traffic it is stopped.Don’t know why?<snip>

Like yourself, the time I have for social networks is limited and yes, quality over quantity for me too.

For me, Google+, with its search and Communities, has been excellent at finding content and users that fit into what I define as a target audience. Of course, I am betting on the fact that having a solid presence over there will then help with my SEO efforts.

I am also active on a number of forums. As compared to Facebook and Twitter, it is so much more easier for me to find people who are passionate about a particular topic on forums.

Apart from these two, I will try a new social network every three months. Sometimes, you’ll never know how a new platform may perform unless you spend enough time there. For the start of 2014, I’m looking at SlideShare but I’m not quite sure whether I’m too late to the party. :smiley:

Duplicates aside (I don’t think it matters on social media anyway), the way how users consume content and the types of content they prefer varies from one social network to another. Rewriting the headline, post or description will definitely help a link to stand out and garner more visits. For example, sharing a quote from a popular article instead of the title makes a tweet unique.

Also, I try not to blast the same content across all the social networks at the same time by filling the queue with different degrees of useful content created by others.

The only social media site which I think work well is Google Plus. I am suggesting this because whenever we search keywords over Google, we most of the time see profiles of people over Google Plus. Few other suggested sites are Pintrest, Tumblr, Agryd and Badoo.

The social media network is the wide spread with no limitation to it. choosing the best social network among those available on your part is a choice of your need & audience interest with their involvement in it.
Many time for a particular geographic people give more preference to a particular social networking site than that of others.

For the company where I work twitter and stumble upon are the most beneficial, we also use FB. I think that these sites are the most popular for generating traffic.