My Website Indexed but not Cached by Google

Hello I have launched my eCommerce 8 days ago, it’s being indexed by Google but not being cached. My website was rising but stat to fall again, and crawl rate descreased too. I’m suspecting about my Robots.txt file. I have added some useless paths and directories in it. Can you please check my page?

<snip />

What have you added to robots.txt file?

http://www.cdkeybundle.com/robots.txt

Alright, every page has been cached yesterday. But I still cannot make sure about my robots.txt.

Hi,

I’ve ran my eyes over your robots.txt file and I can’t see anything out of the ordinary. You should be fine. To be fair if your site has been indexed and cached after 8 days then that’s a good start. Unfortunately, from a digital marketing perspective, it will be very difficult to imagine your site making regular sales as it stands.

Thanks for reply but why do you think like that?

It just “feels” spammy. It’s called CDkeybundle for a start, and the logo looks really really bad. From an SEO perspective you’re never ever going to be able to compete with all the other people that sell games online. You can’t spend £30 a month and a few hours and expect to even scratch the surface of this vastly over-crowded market. Honestly, you’re wasting your time with this.

This is why most people purchase a game on their first visit? I totally agree with you about logo but there are many website on top which has a crap design. And all of them use descriptions stolen from each other. I use unique descriptions for all products. And I can’t risk all my sources at beginning.

Come on, we know that’s not true. I’ve been doing this a long time, I know how many times a consumer has to engage with a site to produce a sale. Nobody purchases a game on their first visit. That just doesn’t happen.

I’m not having a go here, I’m trying to help. The keywords that are going to carry the most buying intent are keywords directly related to the game title. Lets say I wanted to buy “BioShock Infinite” for the PS3. I might well search for “Bioshock Infinite PS3”. The page is dominated by Amazon and Play, plus you’ve got the game’s official website, game.com, zavvi, all the supermarkets, the wiki page, then whoever’s reviewed the game and their blogs and websites. You’ve got so much competition and you can’t compete, it’s as simple as that.

I can message sale statistics if you will be convinced. Anyway, I really don’t see any useful advice in your posts. You just criticize, comparing with big bosses and say me just “walk out”. I never thought that my website will be an Amazon.com.

OK. If you can show me that most people purchase a game on their first visit I’ll be amazed.

I’m trying to help by opening your eyes to just how much competition there is, and how far you are behind everyone else. I wish you the very best of look, but I’m trying to save you time and money by being pragmatic.

I still can’t figure out why you don’t give this site a break. Millions of people use internet. This is my first website and eCommerce experience, but second domain. I made lots of stupid things unawares on first one and got filtered. I got 50 ~ 70 hits per day (got 20-30 hits after getting filtered) and got 89 orders in 3 months, 4 orders with new site last week. So I think all I need a good rank on Google. I really don’t think you are baleful. But you just don’t help me.

• If the domain is bad, I can change it.
  • I can outsource a logo.
  • I can invest on advertisements like Adwords, Adsense, Facebook etc.

Alright, both of you - please stop with the bickering. highone, if you don’t like the advice of PeachySEO, feel free to ignore it (though it seems like some valid advice in there).

And, PeachySEO, if highone is going to take your advice personally, please let him/her go - if someone only wants to hear the peachy (pardon the wordplay) side of advice, then let them live in their own world.

Any more bickering (and that goes for PMs as well), and I’ll have to start handing out infractions. Consider this your warning.

Closed by OP request.