MySQL/PHP BOOKS

I am currently reading

Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site Using PHP & MySQL by Kevin Yank 4th Edition
and have seen that there is another book with the exact same title but without the author’s name. The explanations of the books appear to be different as do the covers. Both of these books are from Sitepoint. Can anyone advise me if these books are in fact the same or completely different?

Thanks

Thanks for that r937.

Are you saying that AppSumo are a bogus outfit? They advertise in Sitepoint emails which is rather worrying. If this is the same book, have they ripped it off from the real publisher or have they got permission?

They also state that the book tells you how to build your own eCommerce site but in the book I have bought there is no such thing, there are only a few references. Very misleading!

have you got a direct link please stoneagrange?

The first book, which I have already bought, is:

Build Your Own Database Driven Web Site, 4th Edition - SitePoint Books

The other book which I am considering buying is:

Learn to use databases to make your webpages "smarter"

it’s the same book, except it’s only the ebook, the pdf

also, you gotta be real suspicious of a web site where the very first thing that you see is them demanding your email address

i always reply todd@example.com

bunch o’ numpties

Where did you see that other book?

The other book is advertised through AppSumo. Ii appears to be different because it quotes that it shows how to build your own eCommerce site. It’s very strange that the author is not mentioned.

AppSumo offer daily deals, which you sometimes get from the product maker’s own site. All deals are aimed at developers of some sort.

If you email sitepoint, rather than the forum, you might get told whether it is just another special offer on an ebook of the sort that sitepoint do at intervals.