Navigation help

Hi, I’m trying to create a certain navigation for a site of mine however, I’m having trouble in creating it. I’ve tried various things however, it hasn’t been working. Could anyone shed some light on how to do a navigation with some subtext which are both aligned as center? The following is what I’m trying to accomplish.

If anyone would help me out with this, it would be amazing!

Thank you in advance!

I’m having trouble with the LI having the subtext. would it be just another il, and separate the tabs as a differnt UL? I’m really having trouble with the organization of this.

You’ve been really helpful so far thanks!

I’ve finally figured it out! Thank you!

If you are nesting your menu items inside LI elements, then you have to make the LI an inline-block and let it float left. This should solve you problem

So I wouldn’t be using the list method to get this done?

You can if you want to. The point is that the container can be anything you like; a floated DIV, and inline-block SPAN, a LI item. All you need to remember is that if you set the text-align to center on the container element, then all children will be centered unless explicitely defined

I tried to do that, it worked. However I’m having trouble to get the containers to be inline… one next to the other…

Each section would have a container element. You should set text-align:center for this element. The container should contain to child elements, that would both be centered due to what was set at the parent level…