Navigation links don't work on my first web pages

Hi,
I’m new to web design. Technical knowledge is bare minimum. I recently purchased the Sitepoint web design book ‘Build Your Own Website the Right Way Using HTML & CSS’ by Ian Lloyd. I began designing the sample Diving Club site given in the book. By the end of the Second Chapter, three web pages are made (index.html, about.html, contact.html). I linked between these pages by the simple navigation menu:

• Home
  • About
  • Contact

But when I click on the links of one page, the other pages don’t open. Operating system I’m using is Windows 7 Home Premium; Browser Internet Explorer 9. What should I do? I’m a novice. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hi prmd and welcome to the forums!

For us to better help you, please post an example of the code which is not working for you.
I’m sure we’ll soon get to the bottom of things.

Hi prmd. :slight_smile:

As Pullo said, post the code you are using for the links so we can check it. But also check that the paths are right. for example, if your link is something like

<a href=“about.html”>About</a>

make sure that there is acutally a file called about.html in the same folder as index.html.

Thank you so much Pullo and ralph.m for your prompt response. Now my navigation links are working. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it! Don’t hesitate to come back with more questions if you hit any more roadblocks. :slight_smile: