Navigation question

Do you understand what each of these Navigation Bars says…

Option #1:

<Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next>

Option #2:

<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>

Option #3:

< 1 2 3 4 5 >

I’m trying to save some space, and wondering if I could use either Option #2 or Option #3?

Sincerely,

Debbie

To me, the double arrow on the middle one means “first page” and “last page”, not “previous page” and “next page”. The other two are fine.

That part worries me a bit, though. I’ve lost count of how many otherwise-good sites I’ve come across which have reduced their page menu to a size which is almost impossible to use. Please ensure that there is a large enough target area to click, and clear “dead” space between numbers, to reduce the possibility of clicking the wrong one in error.

If you don’t understand why - or think it’s an issue which will only affect a tiny percentage - then I suggest you watch somebody with a common condition like arthritis try to make fine movements with a mouse. It’s very enlightening. :slight_smile:

On a side note, would you expect that there are First, Prev, 1, 2, 3,… Next, Last controls, or just Prev, 1, 2, 3,… Next okay?

How do I make the “clickable area” larger?

Padding?

Margin?

Other?

Is there a way I could take a screen-shot, post it here, yet have it be the same size I see on my monitor so you can critique it?

(Sorry, but I can’t post all of my code here, and my site is not online yet.)

Even downsizing from “Prev” to “<” and “Next” to “>” I think my Nav Bar looks good, but “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”!

Sincerely,

Debbie

@TechnoBear ;

Actually here is a screen-shot - at full browser size - of my new Nav Bar…

Minus the “<<” and “>>”, how does that look from a UI/UX standpoint?

Could I gain some space by dropping the word “by”, and thus just having “Filter:” and “Sort:” instead? :-/

Also, in another thread, I’m trying to see how to make my drop-down menus skinnier.

Thoughts?

Sincerely,

Debbie