Need a map service more flexible than Google

I have a client whose business involves “installations” at client’s houses. On his website, he wants to show in what areas he has done how many installations, without revealing the exact addresses of his clients. Up to now, I have been manually skewing the coordinates on each client’s house so that the location is only approximate on the map. Needless to say, this is labor-intensive. Also, having one pin for each of hundreds of installations makes the map slow down. So I am looking for another map service. The ideal candidate would be able to do the following:

• Accept a file with addresses (such as CSV).
  • Generate a map with one pin per city where there is an installation. The pin would show the number of installations in that city, and the size of the pin would correspond to the number.

This doesn’t seem too challenging to me, but I don’t know right off of a service flexible enough to do it. BatchGeo nearly meets the need, but I don’t think there is any way to “hide” the individual addresses.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You might want to stick with google maps, just adjust some settings. Try their heatmap: http://www.bram.us/2012/07/01/google-maps-heatmap-layer/

Thanks for the idea. That’s closer to what I’m looking for than what I’ve got now.