Need Advice on which web developer software to choose.. design + functionality

Hi,

I am planning on developing a social networking site and I have basic knowledge of html, xml, php, and javascript. In stead of having to learn everything in detail for which I don’t have time, I wold like to buy a web development software that I can use to create a site easily. I would like to generate a visually appealing layout that is professional looking. I would also like to develop the necessary functionality such as creating accounts, uploading images, sending and receiving messages among members, creating a profile, etc. I would like to do this with minimal effort without the need to learn the technology in side and out for which I don’t have time. I am willing to pay for it. Which development software is best for this? Also, is it possible to buy an entire site that has already been developed including the visual and functional aspects are concerned? I am willing to pay for that as well.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

You will need at least some grasp on the technologies you want to use otherwise how would you know what technologies to use and how they differ with functionality?

That said the quickest way to get up and running with something like this would be a Content Management System (CMS).

There is no short, quick way to do this. You should realise that even if you use some form of software to do the job for you that you will need to invest time into learning how to use that software. It’s a catch 22.

I can’t answer which is best. But there are a number of social networking scripts out there for you to look at such as PHPFox. There is plenty more out there. I don’t keep tabs on social networking software.