Need another set of eyes

I have looked at this till I am blue in the face…why is my UL list CENTERED? I want it aligned to left margin…

<h3 id=“Beef”></h3>
<center><h2>October 5, 2012</h2></center>
<font size=“4”>

<center>HOME IS THE HUNTER…</center>

<p>‘Tis now the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, and what better supper to come home to after a bitterly cold day’s treasure hunting than a tasty,
filling stew. So, what to serve the returning ravenous hunter? Two fingers of Scotch (vertical not horizontal) is a good starter and very popular at Chez Howland,
though the Memsahib looks on slightly askance! Though this rip-roarer of a stew is both easy and simple to prepare, it’s unpretentiously succulent. Yum!</p>

<center>SLOW-COOKED BEEF IN RED WINE</center>
<br>

<p><u>You’re gonna need:-</u></p>

<ul>
<li>150 grams (smoked) bacon, chopped</li>
<li>2 Tablespoons of sunflower oil</li>
<li>900 grams of braising steak (rump is great) cut into 4cm cubes</li>
<li>10 small shallots, peeled</li>
<li>12 baby carrots (tinned will do if added near the end of cooking)</li>
<li>1 Tablespoon of cornflour (to thicken)</li>
<li>300ml of red wine (A Californian Merlot is ideal)</li>
<li>300ml of beef stock</li>
<li>100g button mushrooms (A can of whole button mushrooms is ok)</li>
<li>1 teaspoon of Herbs de Provence</li>
<li>1 clove of garlic, crushed</li>
<li>A good handful of chopped parsley</li>
</ul>

<p>How To:</p>

<ol>
<li>Heat the oven to 160C/Gas mark 3.</li>
<li>Fry the chopped bacon over a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil for a couple of minutes, then transfer to the casserole dish.</li>
<li>Using the same pan, fry the cubed steak in batches to brown it. Transfer each batch to the casserole dish.</li>
<li>Lower the heat and fry the shallots until golden. Add the baby carrots and cook for a couple of minutes, then transfer shallots and carrots to the casserole dish.</li>
<li>Sprinkle the flour over the contents of the casserole dish, pour in the wine and beef stock and crushed garlic clove.</li>
<li>Finally, add the button mushroom and the Herbs de Provence. If using tinned button mushrooms, add these twenty minutes before the end of cooking.</li>
<li>Cover the casserole dish and cook in the oven for at least TWO hours. Once cooked, sprinkle over the chopped parsley.</li>
</ol>

<center>Serve with boiled potatoes and vegetable of your choice, and crusty French-style bread…</center>

<p><i>Special Note:</i></p>

I can’t spot anything there that could be causing it. Do you have a link to the actual page?

Sorry, finally found it …

Had the following listed:\

ul {
list-style-type: none;
text-align: center;
line-height: 1.5em;
}

Just didn’t look long enough and hard enough…thanks for trying to help. You are appreciated.

No problem. :slight_smile: Glad you found the culprit.