soapmarine — 2014-03-09T11:07:01-04:00 — #1
I'm baby designer and I would appreciate your critical eye and professional critics about my website.
Thank you very much in advance!
jasom — 2014-03-09T19:53:39-04:00 — #2
- blog link in main menu
- for social use an icons
- dropdown menu is broken in lastest firefox of front page (appear in left corner unable to clik)
- what about that strange line between content and footer
- site loads super slow from Europe
- put something in sidebar on subpages
Nothing extra, site remains me my homepage
soapmarine — 2014-03-10T07:11:26-04:00 — #3
thank you, jasom.
I dont know what I have done that it's loading superslow. I installed some whole wordpress sites under my site in sub-folders. Could this be in issue? I checked with my hosting company, they said no.
system — 2014-03-10T07:23:04-04:00 — #4
Website audit is very mandatory for the website
guido2004 — 2014-03-11T03:17:00-04:00 — #5
I seems to be slower than a few days ago, but not superslow. I don't think those additional wordpress sites have anything to do with it, unless indirectly: maybe all your sites together are accessed so much that you're taking more than your fair share of bandwidth and the host is limiting access? But if they say it isn't that, then I don't know.
By the way, if you make the 'Portfolio' link in the menu clickable, then you'd better put some content on that page, or redirect it to one of the submenu pages (ecommerce, portfolio site, seo). Right now a page with no content shows up, and that's ugly.
technogfunk — 2014-03-14T01:20:41-04:00 — #6
First of all.. WOW really nice logo!
now that i got that off my chest...
- I think personally it would be more appealing if you followed thru on the colors from your logo (black, cyan, mustard).
- 3 different fonts, colors and sizes and style. bit much?
- Your site loads fairly slow as well here in south east asia.
- From your line of work, i would expect more bang or out of the ordinary for your webpage. But that's just me.
- Did i say really nice logo?
cheesedude — 2014-03-14T03:54:35-04:00 — #7
Loads super slow here in the USA at 3:49 AM EST. 25 second page loads.
I would put some more margin between the top right menu items.
Big empty space between logo on left and menu items on the right. Something should fill that void. Or the menu should be shifted left to help fill up the empty space.
Get in touch by email. Either put the words "at" and "dot com" in the email or put the email text in an image. I understand the desire to protect the email address from spammers, but it is a little unprofessional to obfuscate the email address by using me at home dot com. Maybe a little spam could be dealt with by the email's spam catcher and a full mailto: address could be used?
sarhad12 — 2014-03-15T07:50:38-04:00 — #8
The design of the site impressive, layout and colors all combined to give great feeling to the site. Portfolio> clicked nothing opens in the dropdown, fix this.
system — 2014-03-15T08:44:13-04:00 — #9
Your logo section is so simple. Do something in right side. For example place some links, icons like that. Try to give animative banner that will be better to look.
wesley_lorn — 2014-03-25T01:10:40-04:00 — #10
One of your services is SEO, but i couldn't find any on-page seo tasks done, design wise its ok.
system — 2014-03-25T21:25:43-04:00 — #11
I'm exploring your site with Google Chrome Versión 33. I really like your logo, great design! Here are some comments I have:
- Please check your title page design, it seems to be different in each category. For example: Contact - Soapmarine vs Soapmire | About
- Is difficult to read with this body-text colour (grey) . Maybe you can change the color of body-text. What you think? I'm thinking in a stronger colour , like your sky-blue.
- I don't like so much the gray line in the home page, between the social menu and your services.
I hope these comments are of some help for you!
tanishinfotech1 — 2014-03-26T02:50:35-04:00 — #12
Nice site.All are perfect one thing i want to say use social icons,it will look great and use more images in your website.
Thanks and keep sharing..
draphoelix — 2014-03-26T20:38:30-04:00 — #13
Love the logo, creative of you to combining soap + marine. The yellow clashes a little bit tho and the typography has too much details. The blue part looks perfect.
Remove the gray line near the footer.
A sharper 'to the top' arrow would look better.
The 'About Me' button looks nice, but I'd go for a bolder font on the text above it.
Nice choice of images, but doesn't really fit the flat design
Too much space on the navigation bar
mittineague — 2014-09-12T20:41:11-04:00 — #14
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.