Need help from expert?

Hi,
I am new to Internet marketing and SEO. I made a site <snip> and cant understand how to start SEO. Which method is best and how to avoid Google penalty? Please give me some good advice.Thanks reading me.Hve a good day to all.

Check out the SEO sticky:

Nice design and promote your website through Social Networking websites…
Start Off Page submissions like Search Engine Submissions, Directory submissions, SBM, etc…
Create a blog on your website and Keep posting Quality content through blog postings…

SEO for a website involves 2 techniques- On- page and Off- page.
Firstly, you should start by doing On-Page for your site that involves selecting appropriate keywords for your site , writing metas title, description and keywords for each page, google analytics, google webmaster …
After On- Page, start doing Off- page that involves link building.
It involves following techniques-
Article Submission
Blog Submission
Social Bookmarking
Classified submissions
Press Release
Blog Commenting
Yahoo- answers
PPT submissions
Forum Posting
Always write unique and quality content for your site and submit them on High PR sites only.

Question: Do you really think that your website may attract any sort of penalty, if yes, why do you think so?

Well, if you’ve not applied any black/ grey hat technique then you will never be penalized by any search engine.

But to rank in SERPs, you need to make sure you’ve a clean and appealing website with quality and unique content. Do not over optimize, do not stuff keywords unnecessarily, Create unique meta tags for each page, internal linking must not be unnecessary it should make sense, utilize breadcrumbs, rich code snippets, xml and html sitemaps, create a robots.txt to stop search engine from crawling your private content, canonical optimization, install a blog and manage it efficiently, etc.

Onpage optimzation is most important make sure everything is good on it and then proceed for offpage don’t build the links in junk , avoid duplicate content sharing it might hurt your website

At Present, Content is King. If your website have 100% unique content then Google Panda will not penalise your website. And also build quality backlinks not quantity backlinks.

I agree with Sharma.

Quality back links are important, no need of bulk links with out value.