Need Help In Customizing A Template For Blogger

Hello,

I downloaded a third party template and I wish to implement on my Blogger blog. I am very new to HTML and have no clue about the language, but after researching a bit and playing around with the template i managed to make some changes as per my requirement.

Now the issue is that, soon i will be applying for adsense and want to optimize the downloaded template according to it. The template looks pretty much good except for the THIN BORDER around the posts and sidebar widgets.
I desperately want to remove this very border so that the various sections integrate seamlessly. It would be really helpful if someone could guide me through the procedure.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT

LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD PAGE

The page you linked to doesn’t have those borders, from what I can see. So to help you with the borders in your page, we’d need to see your HTML and CSS as they exist now. Is your template online yet? Ideally, we need a link to that.

Thanks for replying.

Actually the link is not for the actual page, but is the official page from where i DOWNLOADED the XML. The screenshot is of my website where, i hope, you can see the thin borders around the post body and each sidebar widget.

The test blog to which i have uploaded the new template, before applying to my actual website, is HERE

This is the link to the actual XML - LINK

OK, the borders that you see are caused by some styles that are set in the <head> section of your page. Find these two rules, and remove the bits in red to remove those borders:

#Blog1 {
[COLOR="#FF0000"]border: 1px solid #CCC;[/COLOR]
border-top: 0;
}

.sidebar .widget-content {
color: #555;
font-size: 14px;
[COLOR="#FF0000"]border: 1px solid #CCC;[/COLOR]
padding: 10px 15px;
line-height: 1.3em;
margin: 0 0 15px;
}

I am very thankful to you. You really solved my problem. Thumbs up

I hope you won’t mind throwing some light on another thing which i am trying to customize. I have managed to change the post thumbnail size to 100 x 100 pixels and the homepage looks better now. I was wondering if i can increase the snippet word limit?
Also, now that i have decreased the thumbnail size, the author, time stamp and Comments are positioned in line, but the Labels come in the line below these three. Take a look at the homepage HERE

Can all these four sections be aligned properly? And can i increase the snippet word limit?

Thanks a ton in advance.

I’m sure you can change the length of the snippet, but someone who knows WP will have to advise on how to do that.

As for the wrapping text, add the rule in red to the styles on your page (around line 63):

.post-body {
line-height: 1.6em;
margin: 0 0 0.75em;
[COLOR="#FF0000"]overflow: hidden;[/COLOR]
}

Thank you once again.
One last question - Will this thread be open for a couple of days? I am asking this because i am currently trying to modify the template and in case i come across a problem, it would be easier for me to approach the experts, including you Ralph, and ask for a solution.

Thank you once again.

Threads tend to stay open indefinitely, but if you run into another (unrelated) issue it’s best to start a new one.
Also, don’t forget to give the thread a descriptive title (as you did here), as this tends to increase your chances of getting a helpful reply.

Yep, the thread will stay open, so feel free to post follow-up questions. As Pullo said, if the question is on a totally new topic, it’s often better to start a new thread and start fresh.