Need help with CSS on WP blog part of site

It was suggested to me to move this from CSS forum to the WP forum.

I have completed my web business site but noticed that the WP portion is all screwed up on the categories and single post pages. I have uploaded my CSS pages to the site and for the style.css I make reference to the 3 style pages that are used. I normally troubleshoot in Chrome using web developer tools but these have me baffled. I know that I will have to add styles for the categories and the single post page items but I am not sure where to begin. You can see the mess at http://foxdenwebsolutions.com/blog. I really struggle when it comes to WP but I have to become comfortable with it as many clients seem to be wanting to go in that direction so they can maintain the site themselves instead of paying the web design/developer to maintain it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Looking at this more in depth, it seems to be a problem between the sidebar and the actual 10 column and 6 column setup. If I remove the sidebar, I get an error. So I am wondering if I need to remove the 6 column since that would be where the sidebar info would be. Any thoughts from anyone on this?

well. it may be helpful if you are more specific and explain what you mean by “all screwed up”
I’d have to agree however that is how’d say the footer area look. The footer is not positioned.
I run the main link trough validator & it gave two errors. don’t know how important they are same as for the post page itself.

Error Line 31, Column 160: link element between head and body.
…eb Design » Feed" href=“http://foxdenwebsolutions.com/blog/?feed=rss2” />
:email:
Error Line 31, Column 160: Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored.
…eb Design » Feed" href=“http://foxdenwebsolutions.com/blog/?feed=rss2” />

Also not quite sure what you mean by 10/6 columns. Not a system I normally use.

also you may try putting the footer outside the last div?

Sorry I was not more precise in my description. The categories and single post pages have the sidebar underneath the main content instead of at the side. If you look at the index.php page, everything is in it’s proper place. Something has to be tweaked with the cat and single post pages but I am not sure how to fix the CSS. I don’t think moving the footer outside the last div will work. I am using Skeleton as the boilerplate as I was going to make the site responsive. I think I will have to change that direction. However, I am still baffled as to why the problems are happening. Skeleton uses 12 columns. I have the main content in 10 columns and the “sidebar” info in 6 columns. Plus there is a sidebar page but when I remove it I get an error. I believe somehow I need to fix the page.php and any others that are affected.

Found my error. Where the footer container starts I have <div class="… and I ended it with </footer> instead of </div>. Now it is all fixed and looks much better. I just needed to really look closely at my own code.

congrats!
always nice to fix something :slight_smile: