Need Help

Hi,

I want to learn Java and i have no knowledge about it. I know some basic fundamentals of Programming Language. I google around found many tutorials and guides for learning Java but the thing is that i want to learn the latest version of Java and especially Working Java and Linux together.

Please refer me a book or something which is best for me and so i can start from the latest version and using linux with it too.

Thanks

usmangt

There are many nice java IDEs on the market. The two that I see the most are: Eclipse and Netbeans.

I personally use Eclipse, but I’ve heard that netbeans is quite nice too.

Thanks for the reply,

Also i see that i will need JDK+JRE to execute java code. Are there some good IDE available for Java which are really good and include the feature that complete the code by typing the a letter or word.

Thanks

Thanks

There is a good tutorial on the sun/oracle website. You should consider starting there.

I’m not exactly sure how much fundamental programming experience you’ve had. If you consider yourself a master of certain languages, then you could probably pick up popular Java book from Amazon. However, I strongly recommend taking Java course.