Need new hosting company

I built a web site using WordPress hosted by a company called iPage. My page load speeds are pretty slow and I recently found out some information about iPage:

• The use UNIX web hosting servers. I’ve read that web site on WordPress perform better on Linux web hosting servers.

So I started searching for a new host. I was looking for the best hosting companies for WordPress Web sites. I found a few hosting companies:

• BlueHost
  • HostGator
  • DreamHost

I know there is a lot of sponsored “Best Hosting” articles, but was wondering what people thought.

Thanks for your help.

Exactly, I need to find hosting that runs WordPress Web site fast.

Is there anyway to test the server speed first before switching to a particular host?

Any other recommendations?

I’m between BlueHost and HostGator.

PHP & MySQL are main components of hosting a wordpress website and they run perfectly on linux servers. There are many hosts around, you just need to find the right which match your requirements.

Hi,

I would suggest you to Add Net4 also in your list and compare their features and prices to each other along with their customer’s feedbacks. It will definitely help you to choose the best one.

What about GoDaddy?

You seems list all “unlimited offer” vendors that are well known for advertising, but they are not really in top-service vendors. Are you looking for a high quality host or “so so” one is ok for you? How about your budget and disk space, bandwidth requirements?

WARNING #1: GoDaddy has a fine reputation as a registrar but just as BAD as a host.

WARNING #2: Because CMS’s like WordPress (and Joomla, Drupal, Magento, etc) are memory hogs, you’re far better-off to have an account which is tailored by the host to accommodate these CMS packages. You’ll avoid problems with excessive CPU usage and subsequent banishment by your host if your account is tailored by your host.

As for a positive recommendation, I use WebHostingBuzz with several accounts. I was surprised to find a Joomla-specialized hosting account and have one of those for a client. They also have a WordPress specialized account (http://www.webhostingbuzz.com/wordpress-hosting.php) and they are having a St Patrick’s Day 50% off offer (not sure when it expires). I highly recommend WebHostingBuzz!

Regards,

DK

I am having good experience with Hawkhost, they have very good reviews at WHT forums.

As dklynn mentioned, content management systems drain resources FAST. You must be ready or your site can see really slow load times.
Have you considered checking out a host with custom built VPS plans? You can build your own package and save money by leaving stuff you don’t need out.

Typical VPS plans just don’t have the muscle (CPU and RAM) to be able to run a CMS let alone a management tool in addition. I’d stick with the specialized hosting because they are tailored to the CMS requirements and the server’s o’head is on the host.

Regards,

DK

Totally agree with dklynn, Dedicated server is still the best option

I’ve used Bluehost and HostGator and am not 100% on either, but definitely would NOT recommend Bluehost! They used to be a great, reliable shared server environment; I used them for over 10 years now. I set up a reseller account with them a few years ago and started bringing clients up on it and have had nothing but headaches. The server goes down all the time and when I call about it the support is terrible. So, I started with HostGator and am much happier with the reliability and speed, but the support stinks and I have applications that need specific parameters in the php.ini that HostGator does not support/allow you to modify. So, I’ve recently taken the leap to purchase/lease a dedicated server at another company, “InMotion”. I believe they also have shared hosting available as well. Good luck . . . unfortunately I think there are more dissatisfactory hosting services than good ones.

I used to have speed problems with Wordpress on Godaddy, about a year ago. But you never know which server they are gonna put your site on.
You could also try googling “fast web hosting” ; “high speed web hosting” or something like that.

I highly recommend Hostek <snip/>. We run 5 WordPress websites on their server (3 of them are under one domain) using the Linux shared hosting plan. Hostek has 24/7 support, and knowledgeable US based support team will answer your emails in a timely matter. They host over 50,000 sites, have 100% network up-time, and perform nightly backups. We’ve been with them for about 3 years and are very happy with their service and pricing.

Yes you are taking right decision and as per my suggestion Bluehost is better and also as compare to Hostgator, Bluehost is quite reasonable and provide support via chat and call 24/7.

Do you have any location preference for your website?
How many visitors / hits you’re getting daily?

If your website is not very loaded, you can get shared cPanel hosting, otherwise VPS is recommended.

I’ve had a lot of success with Web Hosting Hub. Very speedy, even with WordPress, tons of free scripts to load, including WordPress. Its around $80 a year for shared hosting.

I would recommend HostGator hosting company. HostGator also provide free transfer service. They can transfer your website from old hosting company to HostGator free of cost.

I would prefer you to check the reviews about those hosting providers & then you take decision because I try some known hosting providers like hostgator but they’re not providing the things they agree to provide so.Their server will be down for most of the time & if you show them uptime reports from third party websites they will tell you we don’t believe on them & if you ask them to provide their uptime reports then they may or may not provide or provide false reports.So,be careful as those known hosting providers as craps.