Need RegEx of My Cellphone IP Address

I’m trying to exclude my cellphone IP address from Google Analytics statistics, and I need to input the IP address in regex. I’m not sure how to do this. Will my IP address change on my phone periodically?

Yes. The IP address depends on which network or provider you use to connect to the Internet. When you are at home, the IP address (as seen by remote services such as GA) will be that of your home wi-fi. If you go to a coffee shop, it will be that of the shop. If you are in the street and connect via the cellular phone network, the IP address will be the one assigned to you by your cellphone service provider. If you visit another country, you will be connected via a different provider and therefore have a different IP address.

So the answer to your question is that you can’t guarantee to exclude all your phone’s own traffic from GA based on an IP address. The best you can do is to submit the IP addresses that you use most often.

Regarding the regex, I don’t see how this will help. I can’t see how you can derive a regex for all the IP addresses that you might ever use. The only way of doing that would be to use the regex of IP addresses in general, and this will be the same for all IP addresses in the world, which would defeat the object.

Sorry I can’t be more help.

Mike

The simplest way to do that is to block access to the Google Analytics script from your browser. Then your visits don’t get included in anyone’s statistics. The IP address will then make no difference as nothing gets sent to Google at all.

Thanks. How do I do that, felgall?

How you do it depends on the operating system.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.