Need Secure Contact Form Suggestions

I would like to add a secure contact form to my website. Can someone recommend secure forms that I could purchase and add to my site?

I have found a few (free) downloadable versions that incorporate PHP, which I understand is required to make them secure. I was hoping to find a CSS only version (that I could understand), but perhaps real security requires PHP.

All suggestions and comments are most welcome.

Thanks!

CSS is only for design and presentation purposes. It can offer you absolutely NO security. You will need to ask the PHP people. I have moved your thread to the PHP forum. They are smart people and will help you :slight_smile: .

Nothing written using just HTML, CSS (or even JavaScript) can be secure because it gets loaded into the person’s browser where they can apply any changes they like before submitting the form.

The only way to make a form secure is to validate everything on the server after it has been submitted. Any server side language that your server supports will work for that.

1 Like

I agree with @felgall. I would only add a few more words. You can check for issues before sending the form with Javascript so if there’s something wrong you can stop it before wasting the server resources. Doing a first check with Javascript doesn’t save you from checking again with PHP or .Net or whatever you use

@RyanReese

Thanks for moving me to the right forum.

@felgall
@molona

Thank your for your comments. Sounds like I have to learn PHP if I’m goiing to do this right.

My web hosting provider does support PHP.

Thanks again for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.