Need some ideas/inspiration

A friend of mine has a communications company and asked me to design a logo. I’m more of a coder than designer so I was hoping to get some ideas or inspiration from anyone - The company offers social media and seo services. The initials are JDMN. I tried making a text logo but it didn’t look that great. I’d appreciate any suggestions or guidance.

Thanks

personally i like to go to: http://thefreelogomakers.com/ and make a logo for new websites
there are other websites that can do this for free just search google

I agree with you. I use this solution for logos to my company website.

Well no offense, but if you’re “more of a programmer” why did he ask you? Those cheap services will most likely make it very difficult to get your logo trademarked (if you ever choose to do so).

Is anyone else thinking that there’s something fundamentally wrong with a communications company that doesn’t take its own brand seriously? No offense to those involved but as someone who also works in the communications field I’d be employing the services of something like http://99designs.com/ and paying someone else to give it a shot. At least you will get a good spread of options and a good end result. It doesn’t need to cost the earth and with services like this you can define your own budget.

Think about what you want the logo to do. A good logo is simple, clean, unique and connected to the company. You want your logo to look good in black and white (not grayscale, but true b&w) or color, by itself or with the company name and to be instantly recognizable. Look at Nike, Coke or Apple. Their logos are super simple, but communicate so well that even when the logo is by itself you still know what it’s for. One thought, off the top of my head, is a phone receiver with the mouthpiece transitioning into an arrow showing that the communication moves out from where you are to the world.

make it simple and ofcourse it should be related to the company… use adobe illustrator…