Need some opinions

Hey guys,

I work at Rackspace and right now we’re trying to do a study to understand why people adopt new
software and what keeps them using it. I was hoping to get some feedback from y’all about this

If you’re cool with helping me out, go here:
https://qtrial2013.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eqHxEjStCQn3aT3

It’ll just be a handful of questions asking for your opinions, usually takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. If you make it to the end of the survey (it’ll ask you for an email address), you get a $20 gift card.

Thanks in advance for your help on this

This is, in no way, a marketing attempt or an effort to promote or sell anything.

All of your responses and opinions will remain confidential and will not be used for anything other than influencing design decisions for Rackspace products.

Thanks guys!

Best,
Kelly Gustainis
kelly.gustainis@rackspace.com
www.linkedin.com/in/kellygustainis

We seem to need a password to do the survey?

Crap, my bad!
Password is [REDACTED]

But I’ll remove the need for a password, sorry about that

Best,
Kelly

Thank you. Your response has been recorded.
Unfortunately you do not qualify for the rest of the survey and therefore will not receive a bonus payment. However, you will still receive payment for the HIT.

NOW SAVE THE CONFIRMATION NUMBER BELOW AND SUBMIT IT TO MTURK.

R_eSdtSbmgE44mfVX

Unsure of what to do from here…I am not sure what MTURK is :wink: .

Oh wow. So apparently my survey making skills are subpar today.
This was an ending message from a different survey, ignore those mturk instructions. This has been removed from the survey and replaced with a normal ending message. Since that message promised a payment, you’ll still be receiving a card, if that’s cool.

Can you PM me with your info?

Thanks,
Kelly

How do you fullfill this promise when no personal information is collected?

There’s a question in there requesting an email address

I only had to answer 4 (seems I can’t count, there are only 4) questions and the survey ended… all were multiple choice.

Same.

Ah, ok I see what happened. It looks like you didn’t qualify past the first four questions, so the rest of the questions wouldn’t have really applied to you if the survey had allowed you to continue

Not sure it works properly though. As I’m not sure what the conditions are (maybe state that above?). I answered all of them correctly, incorrectly, and a mixture of both, No scenario took me further. So that leaves geographic potentially?

If that’s the case, it didn’t like my neck of the woods any better; I also didn’t qualify.

Sorry guys, there are a specific set of answers that will pass you onto the next part of the survey. I just tested it myself, with the correct pattern of answers and got through. Geographic location doesn’t have any effect on it I’m afraid

I answered them all correctly and was able to get to the next part. But then the rest of it required a bit more thought than I had time for when I was taking it. Prepared to come up with a personal situation, then describe it and answer questions about it. :slight_smile:

I may try again later when I have more free time. Probably come up with a better one that’s more recent.

Yes, somehow I passed the initial questions. It does take quite a bit of thought to fill out the rest, though.

I had a little laugh about the multiple choices, though. If you choose All of the above, that technically includes the previous option of None of the above. :smiley: (I know it’s hard to construct these, though, so that’s not a criticism.)

2 Likes

I finished it. Let’s see if that gift card comes. :smile:

I just want to clarify - if you aren’t able to complete the first four questions enough to progress, do you still get the gift card or not?

I know @RyanReese is able to because of the error message he received, but I’d like to know what happens now that the survey has been fixed.

No - it states that in the survey when it throws you out.
And

[quote=“UXRackerKelly, post:1, topic:126583”]
If you make it to the end of the survey (it’ll ask you for an email address), you get a $20 gift card.
[/quote]indicates it, too - although it does seem a bit harsh when folk are willing to complete the whole thing to tell them part way through that they don’t qualify, so tough.

@technobear Yeah I know it seems harsh :frowning: I don’t particularly like doing it that way, but without that function we would get a ton of answers from people who aren’t very familiar with the topic (people will just answer randomly) and then my data won’t be as meaningful.

I do appreciate all of you for at least attempting to get through it! And the feedback on the survey set-up is extremely useful, so don’t hold back :smile:

2 Likes

I did the whole survey but I can’t understand the purpose of it… Well, I do but I don’t.

I don’t see why you would want to know why I chose to use this software/programming language or whatever … or why I didn’t.

Anyway, it was done.

I didn’t write anything about concerns about the survey because… well, I’m not concerned… it is just that… I don’t know, sometimes it is hard to put into words why you’ve done something, furthermore when you have to summarize it.

1 Like