Need some tips on buying websites what to look for, what to avoid

hello everyone

I have some capital that I want to invest in, I thought about mutual funds, forex, dropshipping but after researching and looking into I think I would like to buy a website or websites and flip them.

I saw in FLIPPA some sites that I can afford that claim to have profits of up to $1000. There are other sites claiming profits as well that look interesting. I have less than $10 G’s to spend but of course I don’t want to jump in and just get it since this is the first time I would buy a site.

I have had experience with adsense, wordpress, SEO basics, keyword analysis, site structure, basic knowledge on the mentioned fields so I may be able to tweak some things and maybe make it better and sell it for profit or just stick with it and try to make more money.

I’m still hesitant though because it sounds to good to be true, buy the site, start making $300 to $1000 per month, or sell it at higher price and make profit.

is this how it works? After researching the sites I want to buy and verifying traffic, profits, maintaining the site? is there a possibility I could lose my money?

Thanks

If a deal sounds too good to be true, then probably it is… I don’t believe in autoprofit, such models won’t last, at least without consistent effort. So auto sites are the ones that I avoid so far.

My advise is to start something small and build from there, you may not need to buy a site using all your capital. You can split it up to acquire a few smaller sites as well. Another tip is to go for something that you are familiar with.

I’m still hesitant though because it sounds to good to be true

Most sites in Flippa are too good to be true unless you really know what you’re doing. :wink:

I saw in FLIPPA some sites that I can afford that claim to have profits of up to $1000.

I’ll wager good money that not even 10% of sites advertised with a certain level of profit are actually making that profit (especially when they call it “net” profit).

My advice would be not to buy any website till you’ve done a LOT of reading and research.

Buying from a reputable seller and buying a reputable website is crucial. There is a lot of generic junk out there. Some of these websites just look like another bubble waiting to burst, to me.