Need suggestions on a soccer league script

i need some suggestions on a soccer leage script. i was using phpmysport, but it is absolutly annoying to get it to work without bugs and there isnt anymore support for the script.

what i am looking for:

• should be easy to use
  • the script is for a owner of 2 soccer fields to manage games and players that play on his fields, not for a single club.
  • i dont need every option under the sun. a easy cms would be a plus
  • easy to skin, current site is very simple.
  • have a option for a player to join a league
  • be able to show:
    [LIST]
  • league standings
  • game schedules
  • league teams
  • memebers, coaches, players, etc
    [/LIST]

above is the basics i need, anything above that would be nice, but not needed.

also, i was hoping for opensource, but if there was a absolutly amazing script for a price under $100.00 or around that, i may consider it.

i did some brief research, and i did some pop up for cms’s like joomla and drupal. i dont need that much functionality, but if it make sense, i am not against using a cms.

i have no prefence on cms, i dont use them currently at all for my sites and therefore i am not used to one over the other.

thanks for your help, i cant find anything decent on hotscripts and google. so any suggestions are helpful

What your looking for seems pretty specialized thus doubtful your going to find anything that fits the bill out of the box. You could probably put something together with the right collection of modules/plugins using Joomla or Drupal though it will not come without sacrifices and a large time investment. This is especially true if you are not already familiar with those systems and the many plugin/module options available.