Need Tags for Different Languages

Before the re-work of SitePoint, there used to be separate markup tags for different languages (e.g. HTML, CSS, PHP, etc)

The idea was that each tag was intelligent enough to shade the language in such a way that it was highly readable.

Now those are gone, and it is a real pain for both posters and readers!!! :mad:

(I found out by experimenting that if you use

or 
```html
 they still work, but why not bring back all of the tags and make sure there are corresponding buttons in the toolbar above?!)

This is sorely lacking functionality...

Debbie

You mean the ‘Syntax’ button (in advanced view only), which has the full list of programming languages including HTML and PHP? It’s there, you’re just not looking hard enough :cool:

If I had to ask then it isn’t clear enough… HEH!!! :nono:

Debbie

If you read the FAQ: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode it discusses many of the BB Code features but like was mentioned the ‘Go Advanced’ setting will show more tools.

huh???

They’re still there, as pointed out by the others, maybe just not where you would like them to be.

btw, who made you spokesperson for everyone else :lol: ?

It’s not a pain for me at all and I’m both a poster and a reader :slight_smile:

Does being OBNOXIOUS come naturally to you??

I am tired of your j*ck ss comments in my threads.

Welcome to my ignore list…

Debbie

I would tend to agree that either a small message or simplified button needs to be added to the reply box so that you either know or have the ability to reply with code.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you double click the “reply” link you get the advanced post editor. It’s in the Syntax dropdown.