NetBeans: Where are templates stored?

I have NetBeans installed on my MacBook.

NetBeans allows you to create your own file templates.

Where are those stored on my MacBook?? (I turned off the searching capabilities when I bought my MacBook so I can’t do file searching.)

I looked in the Application and Library directories and don’t see anything similar to how you can pretty easily find config files and what-not for MAMP.

Debbie

In v6.9 (on Windows and I assume it’s the same on a Mac) you can customise and edit your own templates under Tools -> Templates

Okay, but that wasn’t my question, though.

I wanted to know where Netbeans physically stores the template files.

Thanks,

Debbie

On my Window pc my customised templates are stored in a netbeans folder (created by the Netbeans installation) under the user account I log into on my pc.

the path on my pc is:

John/.netbeans/6.9/config/Templates/scripting

I’m not sure what you want to do.

Once you open one of the default templates, any changes you make to it are stored in the above folder (or the equivalent on a Mac I assume).

If you create a new template, it to is stored in the above folder.

Also, if you open a default template in Netbeans you can also copy and paste it into your own text editor and then edit it.

Ironically there is no NetBeans folder on my Mac?!

I’m not sure what you want to do.

Once you open one of the default templates, any changes you make to it are stored in the above folder (or the equivalent on a Mac I assume).

If you create a new template, it to is stored in the above folder.

Also, if you open a default template in Netbeans you can also copy and paste it into your own text editor and then edit it.

Yeah, I see you can do all of that.

Just wanted to know where NetBeans is storing stuff in case I want to manually access or move or delete the files.

Debbie