Never Ever use 1and1

Been trying to cancel my account with 1and1.com for the last well almost 6 months. Turns out the only way to cancel is to do 6 months of non-payment, which they finally admitted on the phone today. During which time they keep threatening to ruin my credit on the phone and in writing. found out today after 6 months they will me a final bill and cancel the account.

They offer easy online setup. But billing, cancelation, and problem resolution are all different departments and many of them may only be accessed certain specific offline ways. I have Never dealt with an online company that has so many offline requirements (that they don’t tell you about).

I guess you are not alone. I also read a lot of complaints against that hosting company that’s why I steer clear from doing any business from them.

Hi guys, I should have read your posts first, I just got scammed by 1and1 too just a few days ago.
See my other post if you are keen to know more.
I can only speak from my domain registration experience with them.
Let’s hope someone out there would search and read these posts first before deciding to go with 1and1.