New Co-Admin for SitePoint

Things will be changing around here slightly in the new year. My kids are starting school so I am taking the opportunity to further my career and take on some new challenges. That means that I’ll be stepping down from my current position as Community Manager for the SitePoint group.

I won’t be leaving you though. My love for these forums goes way to deep to walk away, so I’ll be sticking around in an advisory role as Community Manager/Admin (aka Galactic Overlord) here.
In order to make it work with my other commitments, I have appointed a co-admin to help me with the day to day running of this place.

I’m happy to announce that the person in question is ralph.m

Ralph has been a loyal member of my staff for many years now and has stepped into my shoes in the past when I’ve been on leave. He will retain his position as Team Leader of the Design Team, but will now be wearing a shiny red badge in honour of his promotion.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you have about this, and take a moment to congratulate Ralph on his promotion.

Congratulations Ralph

Congrats, well deserved.

Tandems can reach high speeds! :slight_smile:
Congratulations to both of you!

Best to both!
Just one question.

Does this meam @ralph_m; is the “Galactic Underlord”?

That would certainly make sense, but it’s already been decided that my official title is to be “Galactic Groom of the Stool”.

Congrats ralph.m and good luck Hawk with your new challenges!

Congratulations

Congratulations, Ralph. Live long and prosper. :slight_smile: (I’m not sure how to address a Galactic Groom of the Stool. :confused:)

[ot]Did you, perchance, write that wikipedia article? I thought this line had a certain air of Ralph about it: :smiley:

This secret information he was privy to…
[/ot]

Congrats to both of you!

[ot]

:lol: No, I didn’t write it, but I’d say the folks who did must have had some fun. I love the formal and dignified language used to describe what is essentially the role of a royal bottom wiper. :slight_smile: [/ot]

Congratulations to both. It’s been ages since there were two reds in the forums :lol:

Shouldn’t ralph be purple (1/2 red, 1/2 blue) - or would he just be confused? :smiley:

Love that article - wonder if that’s where the term “the economy’s gone in the crapper” came from?

and under Henry VII, the Groom of the Stool became a powerful official involved in setting national fiscal policy

More experience is always good, congratulations.

Or red and blue stripes. Congratulations to them both! :tup:

Congrats Ralph, you’re awesome! Good luck next year with the kids Hawk. Take care to both of you and Merry Christmas.

Congratulations on your solid leadership of this community, Sarah. You have done a great job.

My interactions with Ralph have always been positive, so this sounds like a great choice. Congratulations Ralph and best of luck in your new role.

Patrick

double congratulation my dear.

can the co admin provide some information about how to succeed to be a co admin here in this forum. :slight_smile: