New Google Maps - Removing Marker List

Hi all

Been playing around with the new google maps which lists the name of your businesses/markers on the maps left hand side.
Does anybody know how to hide the featureListPanel or at least minimise it. Taking up most of the screen on my embedded map.

Has anybody used or experimented with the latest map?

Thanks,
cb

update

I understand this might be slightly confusing without an example.
The maps I talk of are googles new mapping engine. What I can gather engineLite and enginePro are on offer.
EnginePro cost around $25 per year, still not sure if I can use the lite version for free.

Pricing aside, here is an eaxmple of what I mean https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zXtSJ382uT8o.k0ojugfIZ7DY

Does anybody know of a way or what instructions I can add to remove the side menu with all the names? Or collapse on load with some sort of toggle?
I did try hardcoding some CSS into the mix but due to embedded iFrame when you add it to a page things didn’t work first time around and not sure if this is recommended due to the google policies.

Thanks,
cb

If there’s any, you should be able to find it in the documentation at Google’s Developer area.

I found this

I don’t know if it is of any use though. It looks to me that this particular script was built for the “old” Google maps

Yes for the old maps Molona.

Been searching for some simple documentation most of last night nothing so far (:
I was hoping to have a simple boolean to turn on or off. I’m also looking for a way to move the maps location.

Just found this page with some links so I’ll give this a read and see if I can figure out what I need to do.
http://blogs.spjnetwork.org/tech/2013/07/19/get-familiar-with-google-maps-engine-lite/

I’ll post back once I get it working.

Barry

Great. It will be fantastic to know the answer if you find a solution for this. Even if it is just to satisfy my curiosity :lol:

I’m sorry that I couldn’t help. I find funny that there’s so little documentation about this new product though. I mean, I know that there can’t be as much information as the old maps but you would think that Google would make it a bit easier to find the documentation for the new API

Hey Molona

A simple fix is to set the map no bigger than 583px.
Don’t ask why but this seems to work, sort of hack but pointless really because you can only have small maps, which basically defeats the object.

I’ve been in and out of the google forums and it basically boils down to:

1. You can’t remove the side panel unless you reduce the size to 583

2. Nothing works on mobile

3. Only the videos work in Chrome

Everything seems to still be in testing, not a good solution for live sites with lots of mobile traffic and small screens.
It still works very well though only on desktop and big screens. Its up to yourself if you’d like to use it.

Personally, sticking with the old maps for now maybe add an extra link to the new map for people on desktops.

One benefit I did find was that you can export you new KML data from your new maps and import your markers straight into you old map.
Saves adding loc etc. Just use a simple search.

Barry