New site with seo promotion

Hi guys,

I have started a new website and I was wondering is it better to let the site build up backlinks slowly or can I just do lots of seo promotion from the start and will this effect the site in anyway?

[FONT=verdana]Given it’s a new site, I suggest you start by building up the content. You need a solid amount of high-quality unique content before anyone is likely to want to link to you. Once you have that in place, you can start work promoting the site, but don’t make the mistake of trying to promote something that isn’t yet ready to be promoted.

Mike[/FONT]

Thanks mike, well I have completed all the content and its perfect. I want to know when I start promoting does it matter how fast I gain backlinks to my website, I’m planning to get a lot of backlinks however I don’t know if this will damage the sites google rank or have any other effect.

What he means when he says your need to build up content is that you need to build a source of consistent content. This means that the content is never “completed”. Google wants to see that a webmaster cares enough about his site to continuously update it and provide his users with more information. By adding new content every month, you will begin to rank for more and more keywords each month, thus sending more and more traffic each month.

Once you get ready to promote these pages, you will want to gain backlinks slowly. If your content is “perfect” than you should have no trouble finding people who want to link back to it from their own website or blog. These are the most valuable links to Google nowadays, you could have 1 million plus blog comments, profile links, directory links, reciprocal links, etc and not rank for anything because all of your links are garbage.

hi hamidonline, i think both are important i.e. backlinking and SEO promotion. I would suggest you to use Google Adword, analytic and webmaster tool for best results … thanks

[FONT=verdana]Hamidonline,

Are we talking about the same kind of promotion?

When you ask about promoting the site, I assume you mean that you will look for other sites that have a similar audience, make contact with the operators (in a non-spammy way), and make sure they know about your site. You might engage with like-minded people in forums, and you might get yourself known in the relevant blogging community. All of those actions will enhance the reputation of your site, and will eventually lead to high-quality links.

If that’s what you mean when you ask about promotion, I would say that you should start doing that right away, that you should do as much of it is you can, and that it will do no harm whatever to your rankings.

But if you take promotion to mean submitting links to directories, engaging in link-swapping schemes, spamming forums and blog comments with links, and similar dubious practices, then the answer is that that can indeed hurth your rankings - and it won’t give be you any benefit at all, no matter how quickly or slowly you do it.

I assume you weren’t planning to take that second approach, but I thought it worth clarifying that point.

Mike[/FONT]

Mikl,

Thanks for your information really helpful and all the rest of you guys, I defiantly want to go through the first approach. my website is not going to be a blog but a website stats /valuation type of website so now I need to go back and find ways of adding to the site to have it updated with new content every now and then.

[FONT=verdana]

That sounds good. Best of luck with it.

Mike

[/FONT]

I think it is so important to do the link building slowly. If you do with automation you will fail. Google will hurt your site when doing it to fast. I would avoid that at all cost.

Hi Hamid,

Its good to know that you started a new website. First of all look for its technical features (for marketing) i.e, Onpage. Once it has completed then you should start Offpage (linkbuilding) for your website. But don’t ignore Panda & Penguin of Google. Work ethical and your site will definitely crawled by Google.

Before to start any work, first understand the competition of your keywords & current trends in your industry, create content which based on trends, which people may like, ultimately it will helpful for rank your website. Do work on authority sites, will helpful to build back-links.

Thanks everyone this information is really useful, so now I will be slowly building links and I believe I shouldn’t worry about link building much as that will come by itself instead make a user friendly site that my audience like and ultimately that will get me backlinks…am I right to say that?

[FONT=verdana]

Yes, that would be my approach. I’m not saying you should completely ignore the question of backlinks. But don’t spend any time on trying to build links when the time can be better spent building the site.

Mike[/FONT]